Modern Day - Day 9 is the ninth level of Modern Day in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Locked and Loaded level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In normal mode, the player has to defeat Modern Day zombies at level 1.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Penny: My sensors are picking up increased helium levels, User Dave.
Penny: I suspect we may be facing one or more Balloon Zombies.
Crazy Dave: I hate one or more Balloon Zombies!
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||4||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|4||4 4 3 2 2 3 5||None|
|5||3 2 4||None|
|6||1 1 5 5||None|| First flag.|
Carries 1x Plant Food.
|7||3 4 5 1 2||None|
|8||4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3||None||spawns at C6R5.|
|9||4 5 1 2 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|10||4 4 2 2||None|
|11||5 2 4 1 3||None|
|12||3 4 2 3 1 5 5 1 2 3 4 5||None||Final wave.|
- Dusk Lobber should be used over Nightshade, as it can throw its explosive buds in three lanes when powered up.
- Grave Busters should be used to clear tombstones.
- Place Primal Wall-nuts in front of your plants so that Newspaper Zombies won't be able to destroy defenses.
In hard mode the player has to defeat zombies at level 4.
With level 4 zombies, level 1 plants are not enough to handle zombies such as Newspaper Zombie. Leveled-up Dusk Lobbers are almost manditory to clear this level.
- Do what you did in easy mode, but with leveled-up plants.