Modern Day - Day 31 is the thirty-first level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Modern Day sliders are once again present in this level. This level showcases the Escape Root, the premium plant tied to Modern Day Part 2, and it is pre-selected in the seed slots. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives a money bag.
The player is given Escape Root to use in this level. However, this plant is not very handy. The switching ability of Escape Root is useless if the player has a good set up, and Escape Root should only be used during the beginning of the level to easily take out a few zombies. Other than that, the Jester Zombie appears, so the player should not bring any plants that use projectiles, as the Jester Zombie will fling them right back. All-Star Zombie should be watched for as like in Modern Day - Day 25, All-Star Zombies can use slider tiles and rush into another lane. Other zombies like Explorer Zombie and Newspaper Zombie can also overwhelm the player.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|5||3 -5 2 4||None||First flag.|
|8||1 3 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||4 -2 3||None|
|10||5 1 3 3||None||Final wave.|
- Created by 7 GRAND UMP
- Required plants
- Start off by placing down Sun-shrooms.
- Blow up the first two zombies using Primal Potato Mines. If they do not spawn close to each other, use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze one of them, and place a Primal Wall-nut ahead of the second one.
- When Explorer Zombies spawn, make sure to freeze them.
- After getting up a solid sun production, start placing Laser Beans.
- Block off All-Star Zombies with Primal Wall-nut.
- When the Balloon Zombies spawn, use Blover.
- Try to save your Plant Food for the final wave.
- When the final wave comes, use Plant Food on a Laser Bean in rows 1 and 3. Freeze the Gargantuar and place a Primal Potato Mine in front of him.
- Created by Botor Won
- Required plants
- Wave 1:
- 2 Basic Zombies come at 3rd lane.
- Plant (2 columns) Sunflower to get sun.
- Plant Primal Wall-nut at 2nd lane, 5th column
- Plant Escape Root at 2nd lane, 4th column (behind Primal Wall-nut)
- Wait until the Escape Root armed, dig the Primal Wall-nut
- Click the Escape Root (1 time) quickly (after the click, Escape Root will in condition of want to switch, wait until it transform into exploding-plant, don’t let that exploding-plant have chance to explode, click at empty tile, the Escape Root will become UNDYING.
- After wave 1:
- If you see the Explorer Zombies, use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze them, the Explorer Zombies (fired) don’t eat UNDYING-Escape Root.
- If you see Balloon Zombies, use Blover to blow them away.
- Do the same as first Escape Root, always plant them on 4th column.
- Plant Peashooters at 3rd column to destroy the zombies.
- If you see Jester Zombies, use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze them.
- If you see Imp Cannons, you can use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze or use Potato Mine to destroy them, don’t let them fire lots of Imps.
Hope you success with my strategy!
- Created by SerenityStars364
- Required plants:
- Place down Primal Sunflower first in the start.
- After when you placed at least 10 Primal Sunflowers, place down Magnifying Grasses when the first zombie appears.
- Use Winter Melon/Winter-mint when you face Explorer Zombie.
- Use Infi-nuts to take away the All-Star Zombie's tackle.
- When final wave starts, place down Primal Potato Mines then place down a Bombard-mint when the Gargantuar is spawned, so make sure you place her onto the seventh column.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest