Modern Day - Day 31 is the thirty-first level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Modern Day sliders are once again present in this level. This level showcases the Escape Root, the premium plant tied to Modern Day Part 2, and it is pre-selected in the seed slots. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives a money bag.
The player is given Escape Root to use in this level. However, this plant is not very handy. The switching ability of Escape Root is useless if the player has a good set up, and Escape Root should only be used during the beginning of the level to easily take out a few zombies. Other than that, the Jester Zombie appears, so the player should not bring any plants that use projectiles, as the Jester Zombie will fling them right back. All-Star Zombie should be watched for as like in Modern Day - Day 25, All-Star Zombies can use slider tiles and rush into another lane. Other zombies like Explorer Zombie and Newspaper Zombie can also overwhelm the player.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||3||None||100% Plant Food|
|5||3 -5 2 4||None||First flag|
|8||1 3 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|9||4 -2 3||None|
|10||5 1 3 3||None||Final flag|
- Created by 7 GRAND UMP
- Required plants
- Start off by placing down Sun-shrooms.
- Blow up the first two zombies using Primal Potato Mines. If they do not spawn close to each other, use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze one of them, and place a Primal Wall-nut ahead of the second one.
- When Explorer Zombies spawn, make sure to freeze them.
- After getting up a solid sun production, start placing Laser Beans.
- Block off All-Star Zombies with Primal Wall-nut.
- When the Balloon Zombies spawn, use Blover.
- Try to save your Plant Food for the final wave.
- When the final wave comes, use Plant Food on a Laser Bean in rows 1 and 3. Freeze the Gargantuar and place a Primal Potato Mine in front of him.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest