Modern Day - Day 26 is the twenty-sixth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Raptors make an appearance in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives a money bag.
- Pianist Zombie and Hair Metal Gargantuar are dangerous zombies. Pianist Zombies can crush plants with their piano when plants are in the way, while Hair Metal Gargantuars can also crush plants, constantly sending in sonic waves to kill any frontmost non-defensive plant, and can throw their Impunks into the defenses.
- The combo of Super-Fan Imp and All-Star Zombie can be devastating. Super-Fan Imps can incinerate plants in the first three columns when kicked by an All-Star Zombie, while All-Star Zombies can tackle a plant similar to a Gargantuar smash.
- Disco-tron 3000 can spawn Disco Jetpack Zombies. Blover can be used to instantly kill the flying zombies as well as Balloon Zombies.
- The raptors in the level can kick dangerous zombies such as a Newspaper Zombie, a Hair Metal Gargantuar, an All-Star Zombie, and a Super-Fan Imp into the defenses. However, they can also kick Disco Jetpack Zombies, which are of little threat if the player has brought Blover.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Dinosaurs||Note(s)|
|3||3 4||None||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|4||4 4 5 1 2 3||None||3||First flag.|
|6||2 2 2||None||None|
|7||4 5 4 5||None||None|
|8||2 3 5 1 4 2 3||None||4||Second flag.|
|9||3 4 1 2||None||None|
|10||1 2 3 4 5||None||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|11||1 2 3 5||None||None|
|12||2 4 1 5 3||None||None||Final wave.|
Strategy 1 - Disorganized Setup but still pretty effective
- Start the level off by planting 8-10 Sun-shrooms.
- Kill the first Conehead Zombie using a Celery Stalker.
- Kill the Pianist Zombie using the Lava Guava.
- Kill the next Balloon Zombie with Bonk Choy + Celery Stalker combo.
- At the first huge wave, use Cherry Bomb on lane four to instantly kill the Pianist and Newspaper Zombies.
- Throughout the middle waves, use Bonk Choy, Celery Stalker, or Lava Guava whenever needed, and either use Cherry Bomb or use a Bonk Choy Plant Food (as the latter is basically equivalent to a Cherry Bomb) on the Disco-trons to prevent too many Jetpack Zombies from spawning. (Primal-Wall-nut + Prolonged Celery Stalker damage can work on the Disco-trons too.)
- At the second huge wave, defeat the Hair Metal Gargantuar by shrinking it and then using either Cherry Bomb or Bonk Choy Plant Food.
- Throughout the later waves, use Bonk Choy, Celery Stalker, or Lava Guava whever needed, and either use Lava Guava, Bonk Choy Plant Food, or Cherry Bomb to defeat the Pianist and Disco-trons Zombies.
- At the final flag, kill the All-star Zombie using Bonk Choy+Celery Stalker, and defeat the Hair Metal Gargantuars by first shrinking them, and then using either Cherry Bomb or Bonk Choy Plant Food in the middle.
- You win!
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest