Modern Day - Day 25 is the twenty-fifth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level and Modern Day sliders are introduced in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives a Modern Day Piñata.
The main gimmick in this level is that after the player starts the level, all the plants on the lawn are instantly incinerated, and the player must revive them using the Intensive Carrots that they receive via the conveyor-belt. This is the only plant given to the player throughout the entire level.
This level relies on reviving plants. The most dangerous zombies are the ones who move plants, which are the Excavator Zombie and the Punk Zombie. If Punk Zombie pushes a plant into a space where a very important plant is placed, the player cannot revive that important plant anymore. Excavator Zombie is an even bigger threat as the plants given cannot kill him quickly, as well as bringing plants backward, rendering them almost useless. In addition, Coconut Cannon can only kill him with splash damage. All-Star Zombie is possibly the hardest to deal with, as he can instantly kill plants, comes out quickly, and spawns in a row where there are slider tiles, so the player should kill them quickly, though they can also revive that plant.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||2 4||None||Skips to Wave 3 immediately|
|4||1 2 3 4 5 2 4||None||100% Plant Food|
|5||3 1 2 4 5 3 2 4 3||None||First flag|
|6||1 3 5 2 4||None|
|7||1 3 5 2 4||None|
|8||1 3 5||None|
|9||1 1 3 3||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||2 4 1 5 1 3 5 1 3 5||None||Final flag|
Tips and tricks
- In this level, you can only place plants where plants have already been destroyed. Don't let Excavator Zombies or Punk Zombies move your plants
- Revive the Kernel-pults first, so that you all have damage in every lane, then the Fume-shrooms in the front row, then the Phat Beets(revive the ones father away from your house first) and the Coconut Cannons.
- Plants behind slider tiles can't be hurt by most normal zombies. Keep that in mind when you meet All-Star Zombies.
- Don't save your Intensive Carrots for later. You'll always get a steady stream of them.
- This is the only Special Delivery level to give only one plant to the player, which is the Intensive Carrot.
- This is the first level to have slider tiles in a world other than Frostbite Caves.
- The Piñata Party on April 1st, 2016 had the same gimmick to this level. All plants were incinerated at the beginning, the only plant given was Intensive Carrot and the player had to use it to revive the plants.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest