Modern Day - Day 23 is the twenty-third level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Grimrose is pre-selected in this level, thus showcasing it. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the aforementioned plant.
Grimrose is pre-selected in this level. When powered by Moonflower, it can pull up to three of the strongest zombies in its lane into the ground instead of just one, killing them instantly. However, it cannot pull floating zombies such as Balloon Zombies while in the air. It also cannot pull Deep Sea Gargantuars but damage them instead. The player can use Grimrose whenever there are threatening zombies in a lane such as Newspaper Zombies, Surfer Zombies, and Octo Zombies. But due to its sluggish recharge, it cannot pull enough of these zombies per wave. The player would need to choose other plants in order to deal with these zombies and their abilities.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||2 4 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|5||2 3 3 4||None||First flag.|
|7||2 4 2||None|
|8||1 2 3 4 5 3 2 4||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||1 5 3||None|
|10||2 2 4 4||None||Final wave.|
This strategy was created by User:Pvzarif
- Start planting a column of Primal Sunflower and stall the 2 Imps with Stallia to have time to gain sun.
- Both imp should be killed with Chili Bean.
- Stall the next wave as much as you can, to ramp up on sun. Start planting Magnifying Grass.
- Use as much sun to defeat the Balloon Zombie by using Magnifying Grass.
- Try having 2 columns of Primal Sunflower before the first huge wave.
- Use Magnifying Grass to destroy any octos, try freezing the Octo Zombie as much as you can before he can throw octos.
- Plant a coloumn of Primal Wall-nut to protect your plants.
- Use Grimrose to defeat any Octo Zombie (Be sure its lane is empty with no zombies) or when zombies are close to your house
- Before the Final wave, use any sun of Primal Sunflower to prepare for the final wave.
- When the Final Wave comes, use as much sun on the Magnifying Grass in the lanes where the Gargantuar comes to defeat them. Any remaning zombies, use Grimrose on them
- You successfully completed the level, :)
- All the special Zombies from Big Wave Beach appear in this level (except Fisherman Zombie and the Zombot Sharktronic Sub).
- This may be a reference to Grimrose's similarities to Tangle Kelp, a plant obtained in Big Wave Beach.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest