Modern Day - Day 21 is the twenty-first level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. In this level, All-Star Zombie is introduced and it includes portals from Ancient Egypt, Big Wave Beach, and Neon Mixtape Tour. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
The All-Star Zombie is a dangerous zombie, as he charges through the player's lawn at a flighty speed. If he manages to touch any of the player's plants, he can tackle and possibly kill them with the equivalent damage of a Gargantuar's smash. He later slows down at stiff speed after tackling a plant. He also has dense health, meaning that he can be considerably hard to kill, and can act as a defensive shield to zombies behind him.
The portals in this level also pose a threat to the player's defenses. Neon Mixtape Tour portals can spawn the MC Zom-B and Breakdancer Zombie. MC Zom-B immediately kills non-defensive plants around himself, while Breakdancer Zombie kicks dangerous zombies in front of the player's plants. Ancient Egypt and Big Wave Beach portals also spawn and can have dangerous zombies such as the Pharaoh Zombie, Octo Zombie, and Surfer Zombie.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||1 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|4||2 5 4||None||First flag.|
|5||1 3||None||spawns at C6R3.|
|6||2||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|7||1 2 3 5 4||None|
|8||3 2 4||None||Second flag.|
spawns at C4R4.
|9||2 3 4 1 5||None|
|10||1 5 1 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|12||2 4 1 5 3||None||Final wave.|
spawns at C5R1
spawns at C4R5.
- Required plants:
Start by planting a Moonflower in the first or second row of the second column. Keep planting Moonflowers in this column, and plant some in the third column when you're ready. Ignore the first zombie that appears.
When the two Conehead Zombies appear, kill the first zombie (the one you originally ignored) with a Lava Guava. Then place a Dusk Lobber in the second row of the first column. Start placing Primal Wall-nuts on the fifth column, and continue placing Moonflowers and Dusk Lobbers.
- Use the Primal Wall-nut to stall zombies, especially the All-Star and Newspaper ones.
- The Blover should be used to defeat Balloon Zombies.
- The Lava Guava is useful for combating the more dangerous zombies, especially the ones that are summoned from portals.
- Use the Hurrikale and Cherry Bomb when needed.
- I propose a non-premium alternative strategy.
- Plants needed:
- Start by planting Primal Sunflowers at C1 first, then C2 & 3. Use your stalling plant and Primal Wall-nut (plant it at C4) to stall the first few zombies. DO NOT KILL THEM VIA ANY MEANS FIRST!
- Then plant Celery Stalkers at C6 to kill the zombies, ONLY ONCE C1-3 are filled with Primal Sunflowers.
- Before the first flag, dig up the Primal Sunflowers at C1 and replace them with Magnifying Grasses.
- Shoot your Magnifying Grasses on the zombies that spawn from the portals, and let Celery Stalker kill the rest.
- If the portals were to displace any of your plants, replant them back at their original positions.
- That's it! Use your Cherry Bomb and Blover if needed.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest