Modern Day - Day 17 is the seventeenth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Dusk Lobber is pre-selected in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the aforementioned plant.
The player should not have much worries with this level, as the zombie density is extremely low. The player has plenty of time to set up defenses. There are little threats, but the main one being the Arcade Zombie and some Turquoise Skull Zombies at the last wave. Again, the player should have enough firepower to defeat these zombies. The player should utilize Moonflower, as it will make the given plant, Dusk Lobber, better at attacking. Dusk Lobber, when powered, will lob down three lanes instead of one. Only one portal appears during the level, which spawns almost half way into the lawn. The fact that it only appears last wave and is an Ancient Egypt portal only makes it easier to deal with.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|5||1 5 3 3||None||First flag.|
|7||2 4 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|8||1 5 3||None|
|9||2 2 2||None|
|10||1 2 4 5 3 1 5||None||Final wave.|
spawns at C6R3.
- Created by DJViridian
- Required plants:
Use Primal Potato Mine for first five zombies and then plant Moonflowers in second and third columns. Plant Dusk Lobbers in first and fourth columns. Use Primal Wall-nut and Chard Guard for defense. Use Cherry Bombs and Celery Stalkers to defeat Turquoise Skull Zombies.
- Strategy by Zzz123456789
Use Dusk Lobber paired with Moonflower to defeat most of the zombies, use Blover to defeat Balloon Zombies, Gold Bloom to provide starting sun, Primal Wall-nut to stall the zombies that come out of the Ancient Egypt portals, Cherry Bomb to destroy huge groups of dangerous zombies such as Newspaper Zombies, Pharaoh Zombies and Arcade Zombies and Shadow-shroom to destroy troublesome zombies such as Newspaper Zombies. In fact, Shadow-shroom’s Plant Food effect can help neutralise groups of Newspaper Zombies and other zombies.
- For some reason, the arcade machines in this level do not spawn 8-Bit Zombies. This is due to a glitch in the 8-bit Jam's coding.
- A glitch may appear where the Tomb Raiser Zombie will throw its bone and at the same time, the Arcade Zombie will push its arcade, then a tombstone will spawn on that arcade machine.
- This level is incorrectly labeled as a Brain Buster on the world map.
- Despite the glitch and being a special zombie , this is the third Modern Day level to feature basic zombies from another world, specifically Neon Mixtape Tour, the second being Modern Day - Day 6, the first being Modern Day - Day 2.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest