- For the international version, see Modern Day.
Modern Day (摩登世界; pinyin: Modeng Shijie, translation: Modern World) is the 13th world in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, It is set in the present, more precisely a few moments before Crazy Dave eats his taco (and further begin his time travel journey), and features Dr. Zomboss trying to negate and alter history. The lawn is the same as the Player's House and the music is a combination of themes from the first game with instruments from every world. There are no features from Kongfu World or Sky City or any other Chinese-exclusive content.
This world is a mash-up of every time period encountered before (except for any Chinese-exclusive ones), the main environment modifier, portals, reflect that. Portals summon special zombies from any time period to the lawn. The tiles where portals appear and the zombies summoned are scripted and never change.
Exclusive to this version, Blooming Heart and Caulipower from the international version are world-obtained plants. Three zombies (in which one of them is a returning zombie from Plants vs. Zombies) are Digger Zombie, Riot Police Zombie and Solar Car Zombie are exclusive zombies in this version. Sunday Edition Zombie (an upgraded version of Newspaper Zombie from the international version) also appears in this version as well.
The end is also the beginning, now we are back to the starting point and fight with the modern age zombies. The timespace is getting more and more unstable, are you ready for it?
In Chinese: 结束亦是开始，回到最初的起点，和现代的僵尸们大干一场。时空正在变得极不稳定，你准备好了吗？
|2||Player's choice||:||Two||Modern Day lawn mower|
|3||N/A||Two||Special Delivery level|
|6||Choice||:||Two||Gold Tiles present.
Objective: Produce at least 2500 sun.
|9||:||Two||Tombstones present in this level. Locked and Loaded level|
|10||Choice||:||Three||Power Tiles present in this level|
|12||Choice||:||Two||Objective: Don't lose more than 15 plants|
|N/A||100 matches||Beghouled level|
|16||N/A||Two||Special Delivery level|
|Two||Special Delivery level|
|19||Choice without sun-producing plants and free plants||N/A||Two||Last Stand level|
|20||Choice||N/A||Two||Gold tiles present.|
|22||Choice with||N/A||Two||Slider tiles present.|
|24||Choice||N/A||Two||Power tiles present.|
|25||N/A||The specific Zombot's health||Boss battle|
|26||N/A||The specific Zombot's health||Boss battle|
|Ultimate Challenge||N/A||The specific Zombot's health||Boss battle|
- This is the second world imported from the international version that does not feature any Chinese-exclusive plants, the first being Far Future.
- This is one of the four worlds in the game that do not have 25 levels, the other being Ancient Egypt (which has 15 levels), Steam Ages (which has 23 levels), and Renaissance Age (which has 24 levels). In this case, it has 27 levels, making it the world with the most amount of levels in the game.
- Unlike the international version, Wild West and Lost City portals appear in normal levels.
- Unlike the international version, in this world, zombies from other worlds can only appear via portals, while in the international version, zombies from other worlds can appear via both portals and the right side of the lawn.
- Unlike the international version, the Jurassic Marsh portal doesn't appear.
- Like Far Future and Dark Ages, the mid wave A and B tracks are switched.
- Sunday Edition Zombie's appearance here is more common than in his international version appearance.