She is also immune to the chilling effect in Frostbite Caves (except in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2) but can't warm up other plants, as they are all cold plants. After firing she will reload for 20 seconds.
Her name is a portmanteau of the words "missile," a self-propelled self-guided munition system, and "mistletoe," the common name for most obligate hemiparasitic plants in the order Santalales. Her binomial name is Atkinsonia ligustrina - Australia's Christmas tree, a rare bush in the Blue Mountains of Australia.
NOTE: Missile Toe costs 400 sun and has her ability affects a 3x3 area in the Chinese version.
SUN COST: 500
FIRING RATE: 20
PLANT FOOD POWER: Freeze Bursts
Missile Toes launch cold blasts that damage, chill and slow zombies.
Usage: tap to arm, tap on target tile to fire
While she is called Missile Toe, Missile Toe has no toes and, properly speaking, lacks missiles. How'd she get her name? Nepotism! Pure favoritism!
Usage: Tap and hold Missile Toe, and drag to the launch target
Range: full lawn
Missile Toe sends out snow every Christmas to bless all the kind hearted souls, but because she can be a bit careless, she'll sometimes launch an ice missile by accident and make a little bit of a mess~.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, she will launch four cold blasts at random targets on the lawn, then she must recharge.
When boosted by Winter-mint, Missile Toe will deal an additional 2000 DPS per missile, her missiles will freeze zombies for an additional seven seconds on impact, her chill duration will increase by 30 seconds, and her reload rate will decrease to twelve seconds.
|Plant Food Power
|1||0||0||500||5 seconds||300 dps||1200 dps||10 seconds||N/A||20 seconds||Four||Tile|
|2||10||1,000||475||350 dps||1250 dps||10 seconds||19 seconds|
|3||25||2,500||475||400 dps||1300 dps||12 seconds||18 seconds|
|4||50||5,000||450||450 dps||1400 dps||15 seconds||18 seconds|
|5||100||10,000||450||500 dps||1500 dps||15 seconds||3 seconds||16 seconds||Five|
|6||200||20,000||425||550 dps||1600 dps||20 seconds||3 seconds||16 seconds|
|7||400||30,000||425||600 dps||1700 dps||20 seconds||5 seconds||14 seconds|
|8||800||50,000||400||700 dps||1800 dps||25 seconds||5 seconds||14 seconds|
|9||1,200||75,000||375||800 dps||1900 dps||25 seconds||7 seconds||14 seconds||Six|
|10||1,600||100,000||350||900 dps||2000 dps||30 seconds||7 seconds||12 seconds|
*After reaching level 5, Missile Toe will gain an ability to freeze zombies it attacks. This column shows freeze duration.
- Chance to Boost
- Damage Pierce
Missile Toe now launch powerful cold blasts, which leave small ice trails and deal 210 damage at level 1 each.
The Missile Toe is a direct upgrade to the Banana Launcher since her projectiles chill zombies in a 3x3 area in addition to causing high damage to any zombie that they hit directly. However, this plant's ability to slow zombies down with each shot also applies to the Snow Pea, Winter Melon, and Cold Snapdragon, making this plant somewhat redundant, unless she is the only ice-based plant that the player brings. She can also work well in Frostbite Caves since she is immune to the freezing effect.
Her massive 500 sun cost and 20 seconds recharge time are notable weaknesses, however, the high damage per shot and additional chill effect make her effective at dealing with single targets while crowd-controlling all other zombies in range through the slow effect. Her biggest weakness is that it is hard to know whether if she is recharging or not, as the only way to see is by looking her icy missile in her "hands", as it is smaller when recharging, but with no change in animation. This is especially noticeable when playing on smaller devices.
She can be used as a chilling alternative of Banana Launcher and even a slighty better as her area damage is better when freezing zombies. If she's leveled or with Winter-mint, her usage becomes even better.
Note that in the Chinese version she is not immune to the freezing winds and snowballs of the Hunter Zombies. Therefore, it is advised to pair her with a thawing plant such as Lava Guava or Hot Potato.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Missile Toe.
- Her recharge is 20 seconds like Banana Launcher, but the animation is slightly longer as you can fire Missile Toe's blast when the animation that shows it is ready (a short column of snow) happens.
- The head-wear on her head resembles a Christmas tree.
- Her Almanac description jokes on how her name does not correlate to her appearance (specifically, she lacks missiles and toes).
- The projectiles affect a 3x3 area, despite their size.
- This trait is not shared with Banana Launcher, as his only cover an area slightly smaller than 1x3.
- However, that extra area does no damage to zombies, it only chills (and, when upgraded, freezes) them.
- She is the second premium plant released alongside the Feastivus event, with the first being Sap-fling, and the 3rd being Holly Barrier.
- In previous versions, the recharge was said to be sluggish but was actually fast in-game.
- This error occurred with Banana Launcher's Almanac entry, too.
- Unlike Banana Launcher, the player cannot control multiple Missile Toes at once. If the player tries this, the Missile Toes they tapped while controlling the original Missile Toe will become stuck and unusable.
- This can be fixed by either digging up the Missile Toe or by using Plant Food on her.
- Like Banana Launcher, she cannot be planted on minecarts. If the player tries this, the message will appear: "Missile Toes are too icy for mine carts."
- When she releases her snowball, the sounds of Christmas bells can be heard.
- She, Cold Snapdragon and Iceweed are the only plants that are resistant to freeze effects, yet are unable to provide heat to warm other plants.
- She has the greatest number of statistics that can be upgraded, at seven.
- Her costume in the Chinese version is a combination of both of her costumes in the international version.