Minecarts (misspelled in the game as mine carts) placed on rails are environment modifiers that mainly appear in Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Other than Wild West itself, they also appear in the Western Vasebreaker levels in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and in some levels of Modern Day. Plants on minecarts can be moved to other lanes within the track, but they cannot move horizontally. They are also used in Kongfu World - Days 21, 24, and Ultimate Challenge. In this world, the minecarts of multiple rails are joined, adding to the level of difficulty. This also makes their mobility decrease dramatically. Minecarts and rails also appear in All by Oneself in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and in last row of the lawn for plants in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Banana Launcher, Bamboo-shoot, Lava Guava, Jack O' Lantern, Escape Root and Missile Toe cannot be planted on minecarts because tapping on them can be both either control them or moving the minecart.
- In Banana Launcher's case, it says "Bananas are too slippery for mine carts," and in Lava Guava's case, it says "Lava would melt the railcart." In Jack O' Lantern's case, it says "You can't plant Jack O' Lanterns on rail carts." In Missile Toe's case, it says "Missile Toes are too icy for mine carts."
- Minecarts and rails started to be available in Player's House in Piñata Parties, which was on November 28, 2014.
- The Player's House rail is slightly different than the Wild West one, being less dusty.
- There is a glitch in Kongfu World - Ultimate Challenge where the Blade-Wielding Hero can push plants onto rails.
- Coconut Cannon, Strawburst and Magnifying Grass are the only tap-to-launch plants that can be planted on minecarts.