Metal Petal Sunflower is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 4 to play, and has 3/4. It does not have any traits, and its ability gives the plant hero +1 at the start of every turn, starting from the turn after it is played.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: Start of Turn: You get +1 this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"Time to put the metal to the petal, baby!"
- Description change: quotation marks have been added to the start and end of the description.
Unlike the other Sunflower variants, Metal Petal Sunflower is fully capable to taking a few hits while fighting back, and has relatively decent stats. However, unlike Template:PvZH Link or Template:PvZH Link, it does not have the Team-Up trait, which makes it more vulnerable to attacks.
Metal Petal Sunflower's decent stats and its ability can benefit your opponent in both clearing the board and giving extra sun to spend. Destroy it quickly, as it proves to be a frustrating plant to deal with if overlooked. Cuckoo Zombie or Tennis Champ can easily destroy Metal Petal Sunflower in one attack, allowing yourself a brain advantage over your opponent, while also preventing them from gaining one extra sun each turn.
- Its description is a reference to the phrase "pedal to the metal."
- It may also be a reference to the Plants vs. Zombies comic, Petal to the Metal.
- Despite its name and appearance, Metal Petal Sunflower does not have the Armored trait.
- This also applies to Steel Magnolia.
- On the Solar Class pack, Metal Petal Sunflower is completely gray. This was likely an oversight.