- For other uses, see Melon-pult (disambiguation).
- For more information about this character, see Melon-pult.
Melon-Pult was a Common Air-Guard Heavy Hitter Shrapnel plant in the pre-2021 version Plants vs. Zombies 3. He lobbed watermelons at zombies that deal heavy splash damage. He was unlocked with Sawgrass after beating Floor 23 of the Devour Tower, and his seed packets were more likely to be dropped in BBQ Beach breakout battles.
He costed 10 sun, and attacked zombies by lobbing melons down the lane he was planted in. These melons would also deal heavy splash damage to any nearby zombies in a 3x3 area.
His Tacobility is based on the plant of the same name.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to level 1.
Plant Food effect
Melon-Pult's Plant Food was called Melon Mortar, in which Melon-Pult would lob heavy damaging melons at random zombies on the lawn.
Melon-Pult's Tacobility is Winter Melon, which allowed Melon-Pult to lob icy melons that slowed zombies that they hit, as well as any zombies hit by splash damage.
Melon-Pult was a lobbing plant which dealt heavy damage. He was very useful for taking out Flying zombies. Planting 2-3 Melon-pults per lane would be effective even in late game. His Tacobilty could be used on 1 per lane or if the player didn't have that many tacos, using them on the Melon-Pults in the middle lane or per 1-2 lanes would still be effective.
On the other hand, Melon-Pult was a poor choice against Jetpack Zombie due to him being a Chilling damage type, which was weak against Jetpack Zombie's Electric type. It was better to use Flak Seed or another Air-Guard plant against this zombie.
Breakout Tips (Quotes)
- Fliers? Armored zombies? Groups? I'll smash'em all flat. Just keep that sun flowing!
- In long Brainiac Showdowns or battles with extra sun, you'll want the heavy artillery!
- My Chilling bombardment smashes Hot Dog Vendors AND Hot Dog Imps! Let's just say I relish this matchup. (Hot Dog Vendor's tip)
- My Chilling damage shuts down those overheated Sunbather Zombies! Then spend the sun on more Melon-Pults! (Sunbather Zombie's tip)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Melon-pult.