Match Flower (火柴花拳手; pinyin: huǒchái huā quánshǒu) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 introduced in the 1.8.2 update. He attacks zombies by punching them one tile in front of him. After dealing a certain amount of damage (c.a. four attack cycles), he will set his petals on fire and start to do more damage. He can also be set on fire by other plants. When he is on fire, he can light up peas that pass through him, just like Torchwood. However, the flames have limited duration.
One of Match Flower's Puzzle Pieces can be traded in, along with ten red rocks, in order to obtain one of Firebloom Queen's Puzzle Pieces.
Match Flower's designs is based on the matchstick banksia (Banksia cuneata), also known as the Quairading banksia, an endangered species of flowering plant in the family Proteaceae.
His name is a mix of "match box," a box used to hold matches; "flower box," a potting device to hold flowers; and "boxer," an athlete from the sport of boxing. His ability is a reference to how matches ignite when they are struck against a suitable substance.
His costume, a pair of red boxing gloves, is a reference to how he attacks zombies, and another reference to the boxing motif with the plant.
火柴花拳手 (Match Flower)
Sun cost: 225
Attack enemies in front of them. The more they attack the more fiery they become, can even ignite peas after set alight.
Special: Light itself after attacking for a while, can also be lit by other plants. Can ignite peas after being set alight.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Match Flower will spit out fireballs in a 3x3 area around him and his petals will be set on fire.
His Plant Food effect is now one second longer.
- He reuses Bonk Choy's punching sound effects.
- He is the only plant introduced in the 1.8.2 update that is not a Legendary plant. Instead, he is a Super-Rare plant.
- The punches he does are considered fire damage, which will melt slowed zombies.
- If one or more Match Flower are in front of a Firebloom Queen and the Firebloom Queen sets the tiles in front of her alight, she will set fire to the Match Flowers' petals.
- A similar thing happens when a Fire Peashooter shoots a fire pea in a lane with one or more Match Flowers.
- His range is slightly longer than Bonk Choy's, and a bit more longer than Torch Kongfu Zombie's, as seen in the gallery.
- Though he can light up peas, he cannot light up Primal Peashooter's pea.
- When a level is started in Frostbite Caves (Chinese version), his petals will be set on fire from the start.