Mastercane uses his nunchaku to attack zombies in two ranges in a range of 3 tiles in front of him,with each attack dealing 25 damage per shot. He repeats a cycle of 3 attacks with his nunchaku. After that, he will cool down for a while.
He is based on the genus Saccharum, commonly known as sugarcane.
His name comes from "sugarcane", the plant he's based on and "master", probably from Bruce Lee who was the master of chinese arts.
Its costume (a yellow suit) is a reference to Bruce Lee.
Sun cost: 175
蔗师父也是布鲁斯·李的狂热粉丝, 为了表达对偶像的敬意, 他自小就开始练习蔗拳道, 并耍得一手好双蔗棍。模仿布鲁斯·李是他最爱做的事情, 以至于现在说话只会 “啊哒! 啊哒!” 地叫。
Mastercane can use his cane nunchucks to attack zombies in front of him.
Special: Attacks multiple zombies with nunchaku
Plant Food effect
Mastercane sends out many circling sticks of nunchaku in 3 lanes (3 tiles down the lanes), and finishes with a wave down the center lane (3 tiles). He will also hit himself with his nunchaku and get dazed, which is only a effect in appearance.
All nunchaku attacks have an exploding effect, which can deal more damage.
This plant is quite an offensive one, but attacks slowly, so use slowing plants such as Primal Rafflesia to max out his damage potential. When leveled up, his knockback attack can be useful, but note that he does not work on mechanical enemies. Since he is melee, you want to protect him with something high-health like a Wall-nut.
- He is the second character in the Chinese version to use a nunchaku. The first is Nunchaku Zombie.
- He is also the only plant to use one.
- Bruce Bamboo can also be considered using a nunchaku, but it itself is one.
- They are all Chinese exclusive and have references to Bruce Lee.
- When his Plant Food effect ends, there's a chance that he hits himself with his own nunchaku. This is only a cosmetic effect.
- He was originally called Sugarcane Long.
- The "Sugarcane-kwondo" (蔗拳道) in the Almanac entry is a reference to Taekwondo (跆拳道), a Korean martial art.