Map Pirate is a Rare zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Once the player destroys its map, it will run towards the player and attack, similar to what the Newspaper Zombie does in the first game and Garden Warfare. Its attacks are Zombie Hurt and Hard Rock Toss. Each Zombie Hurt attack deals 15 damage. Each Hard Rock Toss deals 25 damage.
Treasure Maps don't hurt people, Zombies hurt people!
- It looks similar to the Swashbuckler Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2, although the Swashbuckler Zombie does not have a map.
- Its description is a reference to the phrase "Guns don't hurt people, people hurt people."
- It is the pirate version of the Newspaper Zombie.
- Its map and the Newspaper Zombie's newspaper protect them from being swallowed by a Chomper.
- It, Screen Door Zombie, Newspaper Zombie, Flag Zombie, and Heal Zombie are the only zombies to attack plants with their held item.
- It and Barrel Pirate are almost never seen in Garden Warfare 2, other than the Captain Smasher boss fight.