- For other uses, see Magnet-shroom (disambiguation).
Magnet-shroom is a mushroom that takes away metallic objects such as buckets, metal grates and even Punk Zombies' heads, lowering their toughness and/or preventing them from using their special abilities, while only having a small recharge time needed between thefts. Although he does not cause any damage, he can render some of the toughest zombies almost defenseless, such as Knight Zombie by removing their helmet, reducing their health to that of a normal zombie and making them easier to defeat in all situations.
|Metal hitting zombies|
- For more information about this character, see Magnet-shroom
Magnet-shroom makes its return in Dark Ages. It is unlocked after completing Dark Ages - Night 15 and is the last plant to be obtained in Dark Ages. It has the same effect as the original game, but it no longer glows when he steals metallic items or turns into a blackish color after he takes an object. Its recharge is ten seconds slower than in the first game.
SUN COST: 100
Special: Destroy Objects
Magnet-shrooms remove helmets and other metal objects from zombies.
Special: removes metal objects from zombies
Despite his unusual appearance, Magnet-shroom doesn't have a problem attracting girlfriends. But he does have a problem keeping them. It's the same thing every time. In the end, they always find him too clingy.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Magnet-shroom unleashes a high amount of electricity that attracts up to 20 metallic objects from zombies within his vicinity and throws each object ahead of his lane. Each thrown bucket and helmet deals 300 damage per shot, while Treasure Yeti's head deals 500 damage per shot and Punk Zombie heads will not be thrown at all. The maximum amount of possible damage is 6200 damage per shot, overkilling all zombies except Zombots.
When boosted by Contain-mint, Magnet-shroom only takes 1/4 of the time to destroy objects, and his range is doubled.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|1||0||0||100||15 seconds||10 seconds||300 dps||10 seconds||5x7|
|2||10||1,000||100||15 seconds||10 seconds||400 dps||9.5 seconds||5x7|
|3||75||5,000||100||14 seconds||9 seconds||500 dps||9 seconds||5x8|
|4||200||10,000||75||13 seconds||8 seconds||600 dps||8.5 seconds||5x8|
|5||400||20,000||75||13 seconds||8 seconds||700 dps||8 seconds||6x8|
|6||750||30,000||75||12 seconds||7 seconds||800 dps||7.5 seconds||6x9|
|7||1,000||40,000||50||12 seconds||7 seconds||900 dps||7 seconds||6x9|
|8||1,250||50,000||50||11 seconds||6 seconds||6.5 seconds||7x9|
|9||1,500||60,000||25||11 seconds||6 seconds||6 seconds||7x10|
|10||2,000||75,000||25||10 seconds||5 seconds||5 seconds||8x10|
*The time Magnet-shroom takes to destroy an object.
Magnet-shroom can throw metallic objects at any zombie on the lawn.
While quite different as he is from his first appearance, Magnet-shroom still has the same affect on metal item zombies. Magnet-shroom sacrificed his recharge speed to slightly hasten removal of metallic equipment from zombies.
Use Magnet-shroom only when you see Buckethead Zombies, Knight Zombies, Poncho Zombies, or Punk Zombies. Because two of the four zombies that he can steal armor from make appearances in Wild West, Neon Mixtape Tour, and Dark Ages, it makes him a good plant to use in those three worlds, as well as many Arena levels with lots of armored zombies or Zombie Kings. For zombie hordes with huge amounts of metal wearing zombies, use its Plant Food ability to cripple them. Remember that its Plant Food effect only does 300 damage per metal object, so you will need to have a large amount of zombies on the lawn with metal objects for its Plant Food to be effective. It is also a good idea to use Magnet-shroom in Neon Mixtape Tour because it can instantly kill Punk Zombies and steal buckets from Buckethead Zombies. It also recovers faster after killing Punk Zombie than he does after stealing normal metal objects.
In Endless Zones, Magnet-shroom is generally only good if used in conjunction with other Plant Food effects via Tile Turnip. Without his Plant Food effect, Magnet-shroom will quickly falter against the massive swarms of zombies. However, since his Plant Food effects up to 20 zombies on screen, using it in the middle of intense situations, such as huge waves, can make the zombies much easier for your offensive plants to handle.
Pros and cons
- Renders the Buckethead Zombies and its time based variants, and Knight Zombies, who are among the toughest zombies, helpless.
- He makes the Zombie King much easier to handle.
- He can steal the Poncho Zombie's metal grate once the poncho is removed.
- His Plant Food ability is very useful in handling large hordes especially if he is boosted and can stun the Zombot Dark Dragon for a couple of seconds, providing an open fire.
- He can instantly kill Punk Zombie, and he absorbs its head quickly.
- He cannot steal a Conehead Zombie's cone or disable mechanized walkers from Far Future, despite the fact that they are both metallic in that world.
- He only attracts one object at a time, unless the player uses Plant Food.
- Although he can attract the Knight Zombie's helmet, Zombie King can grant it again immediately afterwards, so attracting helmets can be beneficial in some cases, yet can be detrimental as well.
- He cannot steal Ra Zombie's golden staff, Excavator Zombie's golden shovel, or Boombox Zombie's boombox.
- He cannot steal Buckethead Adventurer Zombie's bucket when this zombie is carried by a bug.
- He cannot steal All-Star Zombie's football helmet like in Plants vs. Zombies.
- Punk Zombie's head cannot be used against other zombies during his Plant Food attack.
List of magnetic objects
- Metal grate
- Knight helm
- Yeti's head and arm
- Zombot Dark Dragon's nose ring
- Punk Zombie's head
- Skull (only in the Chinese version)
- Admiral helmet
The nose ring on the Zombot Dark Dragon will not be removed, but it can be attracted, causing the Zombot to be stunned for three seconds.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Magnet-shroom (PvZ2).
- He was first seen in the end of Plants vs. Zombies 2 second trailer of Google Play, thus making it a confirmed mushroom.
- His costume alludes Magneto's (a villain from the X-Men comics) cape.
- He can now attack zombies using its Plant Food ability. He can deal a maximum of 6200 DPS to zombies in a straight range.
- Unlike the first game, He now has a "Mediocre" recharge. However, the time it takes for it to attract a metal object, dissolve it, and attract another one is five seconds faster.
- He does not have eyebrows in this game.
- His magnet detaches itself from the mushroom cap when using its Plant Food ability, or while being watered in the Zen Garden.
- His range is not shown in the Almanac.
- He no longer turns gray if he attracts a metal object.
- When a metal object has been attracted by it, the player can see the object shrinking.
- If he is transformed by a Wizard Zombie while attracting, the object does not shrink.
- The last night of Dark Ages gives the player a boosted Magnet-shroom for the Zomboss battle. The last day of Big Wave Beach also has Lily Pad as a mandatory boosted plant. These are the only Zomboss battles that have this feature.
- If the player uses Plant Food on him when a Treasure Yeti's head or arm is fallen on the ground, Magnet-shroom will attract it.
- He is the only plant that has two achievements related to him - Your Hat, Sir! and Head Banger.
- If a metallic object is about to stick to him and it became frozen, the metallic object will just stay stuck in mid-air until it is unfrozen.
- Ironically, magnetism will work even if frozen in real life, meaning that it will be stuck to the ice instead.
- He is the only plant that can (technically) damage zombies protected by Glitter Zombie's rainbow by stealing Neon Buckethead's bucket and Punk Zombie's head.
- He can also gain points in Arena if he steals the head of Punk Zombie or a Bucket from a Buckethead Zombie.
- He has lesser charge time if he grabs Punk Zombie's head, unlike other metallic objects.
- Despite being made of a rock instead of a metal, he can steal both Cave Buckethead's and Jurassic Buckethead's bucket. This is most likely because the buckets have some magnetic ore in them.
- This also applies to Buckethead Kung-Fu and Monk Zombie, as their buckets look like they're made of porcelain rather than metal.
- The metal object will drop if the plant is removed when the metal item is still stuck on it.
- This is one of the only ways to see a defensive equipment to drop without it being destroyed. Other examples include Shadow-Shroom, Hypno-Shroom's plant food, Grimrose, Goo Peashooter, Shadow Peshooter, Chili Bean, and certain other instant-kill plants.
- Despite being able to do it in Plants vs. Zombies, he cannot steal All-Star Zombie's football helmet, as it cannot fall off.
Specific to the Chinese version
- When the player uses Sunflower Singer's Plant Food effect while a Magnet-shroom is charging, the metal object stays in the mid-air even after he has been fed Plant Food or dug up.