Lurch For Lunch is a basic common zombie trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Brainy class. It costs 2 to play, and its ability makes a selected zombie do a bonus attack. Its closest plant counterparts are Time to Shine and Plant Food.
Its current design is a reference to the game over screen in Plants vs. Zombies 2, which depicts a brain on a plate. Unlike in the image, however, the brain in Lurch for Lunch is undamaged.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Gourmet Trick
- Ability: A Zombie does a Bonus Attack.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Will work overtime for food.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
- Design change: The brain is now more detailed and on a plate.
For a basic card, this trick is very useful in many situations. This trick should be used on either zombies with high strength or zombies that can directly attack the plant hero, preferably both. This trick can also be used to destroy a powerful plant with low health. Note that when you use this trick on a Paparazzi Zombie, he will attack before gaining strength and health from the trick.
This can be used more effectively on zombies with attacking traits:
- Bullseye zombies like Pool Shark and Mountain Climber do not charge your opponent's Super-Block Meter, allowing free damage on them. This can also be used to get rid of a blocking plant that stands in their way, so they can safely attack your opponent.
- Strikethrough zombies like Hot Dog Imp and Zombot Plank Walker can destroy a whole row of plants and bypass Team-Up plants as well as do damage to your opponent. Only Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can do this normally.
- Deadly zombies can destroy powerful or high-health plants that may cause trouble later on. Only Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can do this normally.
- Frenzy zombies can tear through a row of plants and damage the plant hero without being hurt. Only Immorticia and Rustbolt can do this normally.
- Anti-Hero zombies can take out a weakened plant on its way to do a whopping damage to the opposing hero on the Fight! phase. As a tip, you could pack in a Toxic Waste Imp and then use Lurch for Lunch on Mini-Ninja. Only Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus can do this normally.
However, if there is Wing-Nut on the field, do not use this card until you have removed all of them from the field, as this trick's ability will be nullified. The only exception is to boost Paparazzi Zombie, so it can either survive or finish off the plant hero.
There is nothing you can do if this trick is used; just be ready if your opponent's brain count is 2 or more. The best counter is Wing-Nut, who makes this card useless. Brainana also does the same, but it can only do so for one turn. Black-Eyed Pea and Sportacus won't prevent your opponent from playing Lurch for Lunch, but they can help deter them from playing this trick. Just remember that if Black-Eyed Pea is finished off by the bonus attack this trick causes, it won't activate its ability. Your opponent may also be purposefully playing it to destroy it with Rocket Science.