Lotuspot (莲小蓬; pinyin: lián xiǎo péng) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Depending on whether he is planted on land or in the water in Big Wave Beach, Lotuspot has two types of attacks. When planted on land, Lotuspot's attack consists of lobbing long-range torpedoes that cause a single-tile explosion. The attack deals 120 damage per shot and has no splash damage. On the other hand, when planted in water, Lotuspot fires a torpedo cruiser. He does the same amount of damage as his land attack but he does splash damage.
He is based on Nelumbo, commonly known as the lotus plant. He could also be based on the common flowerpot, as his english name is "Lotuspot", a portmanteau on "lotus" and "spot".
Note: Lotuspot's damage in-game is Heavy.
Sun cost: 200
Lotuspot is stronger in the water than on the land.
Plant feature: green plant, aquatic plant
Plant Food effect
He fires a missile that explodes, dealing 1500 damage per shot(DPS) to the zombie he hits.
When Plant Food is given on land, he shoots a powerful missile at the closest zombie in the lane. If given in water, he will shoot the same powerful missile, but he cruises along the water, damaging all zombies and exploding in a 3x3 radius on the rightmost edge of the screen.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Lotuspot.
- His original Chinese name, "莲小蓬", is an anagram from plant part name "小莲蓬, which literally means "small lotus pod" or "young lotus pod," to give him more in form of a human name in Chinese. The name "莲小蓬" can be translated as "Lotus Pod, Jr." in the English name system. It can also mean "Lin small bottle."
- If he is on a Lily Pad on water, he still fires the projectiles from its water attack.
- His recharge time is slightly shorter than Fast, making him the plant with the shortest recharge time.
- His projectiles explode like Potato Mine.
- Whenever he attacks, he makes the same sound that Coconut Cannon makes when Plant Food is used on him.
- According to his Almanac entry, Lily Pad is his brother.
- A.K.E.E. and Lotuspot have a similar reload animation.
- It is the first plant to be based on lotus in the game, with the second being Lotus Root.