- For the Chinese version of the level, see Lost City - Day 8 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Lost City - Day 8 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Lost City - Day 8 is the eighth level of Lost City in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Locked and Loaded level. It has an extra objective of not letting the zombies trample the flowers, which are located between the third and fourth column. There are seven Gold Tiles given in this level; two in the first, three in the second, and two more in the third column. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a Lost City pinata.
- This level is a combination of a Brain Buster and a level with goals. This adds an extra layer of difficulty.
- Due to the nature of Gold Tiles, planting Puff-shrooms, while free, is not the best idea as the player will not be able to get more sun after the Puff-shrooms disappear and another plant is placed on them. In this sense, Iceberg Lettuce is better.
- Puff-shrooms can be used as an early attacking plant.
- Without instant-kill plants, not allowing zombies to trample the flowers is significantly harder. With both Excavator Zombies and Parasol Zombies being present in this level, it is vital that the player plants at least one Red Stinger and one A.K.E.E. in every row, though two pairs would be ideal.
- Plant Food can be used on Iceberg Lettuce as it is an excellent way to prevent losing the level in tight situations.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|6||1 1 5 5 3||None||First flag.|
|8||1 5 5 1||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||5 2 5||None|
|10||2 3 4 1 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|11||1 2 5 3 4||None|
|12||2 2 4 4 1 3 5 1 5 1 5||None||Final wave.|
- Using two rows of Red Stingers in the first two columns is useful. It will also earn you an achievement.
- Make sure to plant two columns of A.K.E.E.s in the third and fourth column.
- Also, place Red Stingers up in the seventh column, to be a very makeshift defensive plant.
- It is the first Locked and Loaded level with an extra objective.
- It is the second Locked and Loaded level which does not give the player any sun-producing plants, the first being Pirate Seas - Day 18.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest