This is a list of some minor characters that appear in the Plants vs. Zombies Comics.
The Anti-Bully Squad are three zombies who made their appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Bully For You. Including: Mr. Grim-Brim, Stilts and Greg-Gantuar. They attack the plants at the college.
- Mr. Grim-Brim is similar to Zombie from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Stilts is similar to Imp from Plants vs. Zombies.
- Greg-Gantuar is similar to Gargantuar from Plants vs. Zombies.
Boom Boom Mushroom
Boom Boom Mushroom is a mushroom plant who made his first appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Boom Boom Mushroom. He has powerful explosive abilities that later prove in the sixth book that the Boom Boom Mushroom is able to knock down steel pillars that zombies built to conquer Neighborville.
- Boom Boom Mushroom is similar to Doom-shroom from Plants vs. Zombies.
- It is shown in one of the scenes that Boom Boom Mushroom likes to watch TV and eat popcorn, while another scene he is walking eating butter toast.
- Originally, he would have appeared in the second Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare comic but it never came to be.
- He doesn't have his parrot on his head in the comic.
- Captain Deadbeard is similar to Pirate Captain Zombie from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Chestbeard is a pirate who made his first appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Timepocalypse.
He makes a re-appearance in Plants vs. Zombies: Petal to the Metal in Nate's dream where he tells him that the only way to win the race is to board the other cars and give the zombie driver's all a SUPLEX!
- In one of the books, in the special selection of stories, it shows at the end Chestbeard's humongous beard being stripped by a Robotic Orange Juice with scissors and then Chestbeard is shown with his pink body. Too embarrassed to conquer the city, he leaves the city on his pirate ship.
Citizens of Neighborville
The Citizens of Neighborville are people who their first appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon. Including: Fire Fignters, Police Cops, Doctors, Zookeepers, Pets, Kids, Parents, Grandparents, Babies, Workers, Waiters and Lifeguards of Neighborville.
- Their names are Merle, Pearl, Zach, Mack, Judy, Rudi and Mrs. Isaacson in Plants vs. Zombies: War and Peas.
Citron is a character in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (comic)s series. He first appears in the first book, when he suddenly jumps out of a portal to fight in the future against Zomboss and his army with futuristic machines. Armed with a sunbeam and some trickster moves, even Z-Mechs have a hard time fighting against him.
In the first book of the series, it is revealed that Citron had some of Crazy Dave's cologne splash on him, which made him 7526% cooler, and it also spilled on some sunglasses nearby, tripling the effect to 22578% cooler. He used to have his picture and name on the front covers of Stegosaurus and fashion magazines but then gave up that career to fight the big bad Z-Mechs.
The Citron Smasher is a buffed version of the Z-Mech that only appears in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare comic, created by Ron Chan. It is a larger version of a Z-Mech that has a face grate in front of the cockpit. It is more powerful than a regular Z-Mech and almost defeats the Citron and Future Patrice before being destroyed by an E.M.Peach. It carries an enormous laser cannon much more powerful than Citron's.
- Flower-Bot is similar to Metal Petal from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Like Mr. Stubbins, she switches sides in the comic.
Frogpantz, Nigel and Tugboat
- Instead of saying "brains" like other zombies, Frogpantz and Tugboat say their own name.
- Tugboat looks like a normal zombie.
- Nigel wears a helmet like the Buckethead Zombies but instead it reads his name "Nigel."
- The image shows Nigel, Frogpantz, and Tugboat sweating after Zomboss figures out they were the trio who stole Zomboss' Popsmarts, a type of treat that every zombie always wants.
- Before being kicked out they were Zomboss' closest trio of zombies.
- They also show slightly more intelligence than the normal zombie, especially when they managed to steal Zomboss' Pop Smarts.
The Imps are mini-sized zombies appearing in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (comic)s and wears a satellite dish hat. There are many of them, some of them controlling Z-Mechs and the Citron Smasher. They are not really brilliant but are hardworking for their small size.
- One normal Imp is seen controlling the Citron Smasher while dancing to the music - he seems to be more knowledgeable than his fellow Imps since he knows how to control a more complex machine.
Kelptomaniac is a Tangle Kelp who made an appearance in the graphic novel, Plants vs. Zombies: Rumble at Lake Gumbo. People believed that she was a thief but the truth throughout the comic reveals that she's actually just rather clumsy and has been living at the bottom of the lagoon since.
- On one page of the comic, her mask is blue. However on some other page it is yellow, and at others times she does not wear a mask at all.
- It is shown in the book how her clumsiness led her to collect many things that weren't hers, "stealing" stuff from both the zombies and the humans.
Kernel Corn is a character in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (comic)s series. He is one of the three “heroes” featured in the book.
- Originally Kernel Corn would have appeared in the second Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (comic) that never came to be.
Louie is a worker who made his first appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon. He is the first human to ever appear in the comic series.
Massive Munch Machine
Massive Munch Machine is a T. Rex robot used by Dr. Zomboss in Plants vs. Zombies: Petal to the Metal. It had a control center at the tip of the tail controlled by two people, Dr. Zomboss and Mr. Stubbins. In the end, Crazy Dave used a Dino-pig robot to defeat the Massive Munch Machine by shooting out a banana peel which the massive Munch Machine slipped on and was ultimately destroyed.
- The existence of the Massive Munch Machine was revealed on Page 67, along with the Disco soundtrack.
- On the very same page, zombies can be seen in the background wearing brain bibs and cheering.
- Dr. Zomboss had apparently created the Massive Munch Machine while Nate, Patrice, and the plants were racing against the zombies and suddenly appeared after the zombie's cars ran out of gas and the plants started firing at the zombies.
- It has the ability to swallow peas and spikes shot by plants whole and knock over triple Wall-nut defenses, as seen in Page 67.
Mr. Stubbins is the name giving to the pet zombie hedgehog who made his debut in the comic, Plants vs. Zombies: Bully For You and has appeared in every Comic and Graphic Novel with the exception of Lawnmageddon and Timepocalypse.
Originally owned to Dr. Zomboss' college rivals, Mr. Stubbins soon becomes Zomboss' pet, joining his army of Zombies and becoming Zomboss’s second-in-command and favorite zombie.
- Unlike all the other zombies, Mr. Stubbins only says "Squick!".
- He is significantly smarter than his fellow zombies, but Zomboss is the smartest of them all.
- One of his favorite things are a shoe-car, a shoe which has a steering wheel that Mr. Stubbins can drive.
- He looks like a Cowboy Zombie, the basic zombie variant of Wild West.
Robotic Orange Juice
The Robotic Orange Juice is an robotic orange juice box who made his appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies Comics series. He transforms into a robot mode and cuts with scissors for Chestbeard's body hair at Chestbeard's Pirate Ship.
- He was originally a scrapped boss from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
Rose is a character in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (comic)s series and has the ability to turn any zombie into goats.
- She has the ability to use her Magic Garden Staff to turn zombies into goats.
- Super Brainz, an extremely tough zombie, is the only zombie Rose cannot defeat and her main rival.
- The Security Gourds are similar to Fire Gourd from Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version).
- These plants are most likely based on the scrapped Plants vs. Zombies 2 plant, the Security Gourds.
- Their name is a pun on security guards, people who make sure everyone in the place they work at is safe.
- His name is a portmanteau of "Sherlock Holmes" and "brains".
- He wears a propeller hat, just like Balloon Zombie.
Super Brainz is an extremely powerful zombie with serious punching power and the hero of the zombies, wearing a hero cape. He is known for being able to defeat the futuristic versions of Nate Timely and Patrice Blazing, along with the plants and Rose, a sorceress.
- He is known to be quite stupid as well as being extremely powerful, owing to the fact that the plants defeated Super Brainz by placing a mirror in front of him as he is very interested in beauty, making him attached to his own reflection forever.
- In the second book of the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare comics series, Super Brainz arises again to be a menacing superpower, apparently not hypnotized by the mirror anymore, only to be defeated a second time when the plants, Crazy Dave, Nate, and Patrice developed a dandruff repeller to clean his hair which makes him leave the battlefield to check out his new hair but the main purpose was to clean the paint combined with the strong molecular bonds of Super Brainz's dandruff to make the paint stick but the dandruff repeller removes it from the solar panels so Neighborville has electricity again.
The Toss Moss are moss plants who made their appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Boom Boom Mushroom. They throw them on the ground.
The Trojan Nurse is an Dr. Zomboss' robotic wooden nurse who made her appearance in the comic Plants vs. Zombies: Rumble at Lake Gumbo. She throws a bandage for an gourd plant and opens the inside of the zombies at the backyard.
Twister is a pet owned by Crazy Dave who made his first appearance in the comic, Plants vs. Zombies: Boom Boom Mushroom. He is a truffle-snuffle rare Guatemalan pig dog/dog pig in which Crazy Dave won at a bard game.
- In the flashback, Twister wins at the talent show.
Z-Mech is a robotic machine from the future in the comic, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. It was created by Dr. Zomboss in order to destroy the plants. It has heavy duty armor and features big robotic arms that can knock multiple plants far away. There are some heroic plants who are able defeat a Z-Mech: Citron.
- When the Z-Mech was first introduced, the plants crossed a fence that said "No plantz or humanz beyond this point." When they didn't listen and attacked some worker zombies, a Imp pressed a call button and a Z-Mech suit fell on top of him, allowing him to destroy the plants.