- For other uses, see Lily Pad (disambiguation).
Lily Pad is an aquatic plant appearing in the Plants vs. Zombies game as well as their Chinese spin-offs. He can only be planted on water tiles, mainly on pool rows in Pool and Fog levels, creating a platform upon which other plants can be placed. He is an environment modifier.
- For more information about this character, see Lily Pad.
Cattails uses homing spikes to attack in any lane, and can even hit Balloon Zombies.
Lily Pad is a vital plant in levels with water lanes, as he allows deployment of other land-based plants to guard those lanes possible. While aquatic options are also available for this task such as Tangle Kelp and Sea-shroom, they either lack area-of-effect capability and thus can be overwhelmed by the ever-increasing amount of zombies present, or they're limited use plants that don't stay on the lawn in the long term. The player should still exercise caution when planting Lily Pads however, as this effectively means that all plants will have their cost increased by 25 sun, which can become substantial if there are extensive plans to use water tiles.
Lily Pad can be used to bait Dolphin Rider Zombies into jumping early, slowing them down in the process. He also costs only 25 sun. However, this will not work if you plant it on the rightmost column, since Dolphin Rider Zombies will skip this tile.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Lily Pad (PvZ).
- When trying to plant him on the ground, the game says "Lily Pads can only be planted on water."
- He is one of the twelve plants that appear in the seed selection screen after obtaining Grave Buster on the online version, the others being Ice-shroom, Doom-shroom, Potato Mine, Threepeater, Tangle Kelp, Jalapeno, Spikeweed, Torchwood, Tall-nut, Cactus, and Blover.
- In the Nintendo DS version, his animation is static and does not float up and down.
- If any Imitater aquatic plants are planted on the water, the "splash" sound and effect will happen twice.
- In the iPhone, iPod Touch and Java version of the game, his seed packet shows him facing backwards.
- Lily Pad is always pre-chosen in every pool level in the Java version of the game.
- The player will receive a warning when they receive Lily Pad: "Make sure to pick a Lily Pad for all Pool levels."
- It is nicknamed "小荷" (lit. "little lily") in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.