Level 5-4 is the forty-fourth level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the fourth Roof level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Watering Can for the Zen Garden, along with the Zen Garden mode itself.
- There are three columns of Flower Pots. Therefore, the player most likely will need to plant more Flower Pots in order to beat the level.
- Bungee Zombies do not appear during the duration of the level, but they will bring down extra zombies at the final wave.
- The player will have to deal with Football Zombies, Pogo Zombies, and Ladder Zombies in three flags.
- The player may now use mushrooms since they have obtained the Coffee Bean.
- Required plants:
- Plant two columns of Sunflowers while planting Potato Mines to kill the zombies at the start of the level. If the Potato Mines are still recharging, use a Squash to deal with next zombie. Then, start planting columns of offensive plants that will hit the zombies constantly.
- After, plant two rows of Wall-nuts (or Tall-nuts if you chose that plant) to defend yourself from Pogo Zombies, Football Zombies, and surprise attack zombies
- Use instant kills to kill big groups of zombies or ladders when placed on your Wall-nuts or Tall-nuts.
- As you have just received the Coffee Bean, you should use Magnet-shrooms to take away football helmets, ladders, and pogo sticks, making those zombies lose their special abilities. If you do not want to spend so much sun, use a Cherry Bomb, as they kill zombies within a 3x3 area. if you selected the Jalapeno, you can get rid of a lane of powerful zombies without much trouble.
Strategy 2: Gloom-shroom Crush
- Required plants:
- First, plant the two columns of Sunflowers. I'd recommend using the rake, but that's up to you. You should soon get 100 sun and be able to buy a Cabbage-pult. Start building a barrier on the 6th column. You should build the barrier out of Gloom-shrooms and Pumpkins. While that's under construction, build 2 columns of Cabbage-pults, and on the 5th column, place the Magnet-shrooms. The zombies can't pass the barrier that you've built. Congratulations, you've beaten the level!