Level 5-3 is the forty-third level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the third Roof level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Coffee Bean.
- There are now only three columns of Flower Pots to start with, but the player can replace them when they are eaten.
- Although Bungee Zombies do not appear at the start or during the duration of the level, they can bring down more zombies at the final wave.
- The player may not know that the Ladder Zombie, who is introduced in this level, only places its ladder on Pumpkins, Wall-nuts, or Tall-nuts.
- Required plants:
- Plant two columns of Sunflowers while planting Potato Mines to kill the zombies at the start of the level. Then, start planting one column of Kernel-pults and one or two columns of Cabbage-pults. Plant extra Flower Pots when needed.
- Then, plant two columns of Wall-nuts to defend yourself from dropping zombies at the final wave and other zombies coming from the right hand side of the board.
- Use instant-kills to kill big groups of zombies or ladders when placed on your Wall-nuts.
- If necessary, plant an extra Flower Pot and an instant-kill plant on it to kill extra zombies.