Level 5-2 is the forty-second level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the second Roof level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Kernel-pult.
- There are now only four columns of Flower Pots, but the player can now replace them when they are eaten, unlike the previous level.
- Bungee Zombies can take the player's defensive plants and add more zombies in the final wave.
- Required plants:
- Plant two columns of Sunflowers while planting Potato Mines to kill the zombies at the start of the level. Then, start planting at least two columns of Cabbage-pults.
- After, plant extra Flower Pots and create a column of Wall-nuts.
- Plant Snow Peas on the fifth column so they can shoot over the roof.
- If necessary, plant an extra Flower Pot and an instant-kill on it to kill extra zombies.
- Required plants:
- Plant Sunflowers in the first column, then add any Cabbage-pults to where ever the first zombie is. Do the same until you have the second column only Cabbage-pults.
- Place Chompers on the third and Tall-nuts on the fourth (any order will do, such as placing one Tall-nut, then one Chomper, etc.).
- If necessary, use place Flower Pots to place the instant kill plant to kill any zombies that happen to get dangerously close.
- Place two Sunflowers in the first column, then put a Cabbage-pult in the lane that the first zombie is coming and the third column. Keep repeating this process until the first row is full with Sunflowers and the third row is full with Cabbage-pults.
- Now start placing Sunflowers in the second row and Cabbage-pults in the fourth.
- Place a row of Flower Pots on the fifth column.
- Place a row of of Tall-nuts on the fifth column.
- Place a row of Pumpkins on the Tall-nuts.
- Place Pumpkins on every single plant.