Level 5-10 is the fiftieth and final Adventure Mode level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the tenth Roof level. It is a boss battle level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Silver Sunflower Trophy and three diamonds. The player will face Dr. Zomboss with his gigantic Zombot.
Level 5-10 Transcript
Crazy Dave enters
"Uh oh, he's here. Better get ready. It's gonna be one heckuva fight! Listen, though. I know what his weakness is: You have to hit him in the pancreas! No, that was a different guy...you have to...um...kick him in the...hmm...you have to press up, up, down, down, left, right...er...wait! I remember! It's... "
- Zomboss's patterns change every battle, this can change the difficulty to harder or easier.
- Dr. Zomboss can only be damaged when he brings his face down, during which he sends a iceball or fireball.
- The fireballs and iceballs can also crush Roof Cleaners as well as that entire row of plants making that row. Losing a Roof Cleaner due to that will still summon zombies from that lane in order for them to go down to the chimney and eat the player's brain.
- The other attacks from Dr. Zomboss inlude throwing an RV, massing Bungee Zombies, and putting down a large amount of zombies.
- See Dr. Zomboss for more strategies.
- Try to have at least 4 columns of attacking plants throughout the battle.
- Do not plant Melon-pults on the first column, and instead plant Cabbage-pults there. This will prevent you from losing the Melon-pults from the Catapult Zombie's basketballs, and will also let them last longer when faced with other types of zombies. Try to use a Jalapeno as it is tolerating the roof in the Nintendo DS version.
- Try not to keep all your Melon-pults next to each other or in a square position. If the Zombot uses his RV move on plants in this formation, it could wipe out your entire defense. You will risk losing a last line of defense if this happens. Planting Cabbage-pults and Kernel-pults next to each other isn't as big of a deal, as they deal less damage and are more replacable.
- When Dr. Zomboss sends down Bungee Zombies, buttering one makes it unable to steal a plant.
- Kernel-pults are the rarest to come by, so try not to plant them in a same 3x2 area to reduce chances of them being destroyed when Dr. Zomboss throws an RV.
- Remember to spread out Melon-pults and Kernel-pults. If you only place these in one row, the rest of the roof remains unprotected.
- One tactic is to plant a column of empty Flower Pots on the first slanted lane of the roof as both a buffer zone and as a place to plant Jalapenos and Ice-shrooms in. It is not reccomended to plant Flower Pots any further, however, as other zombies or the Zombot can easaly destroy them.
- Try to always have an Ice-shroom and a Jalapeno available to deal with the Zombot's iceball and fireball attacks.
- Only use the Ice-shroom to freeze Dr. Zomboss and put out the fireball so that you do not waste them.
- Try not use a Jalapeno while he is frozen. Though it damages the Zombot a decent amount, it will also unfreeze him and let him get away if another Ice-shroom is not avalible. If you accidentaly freeze Dr. Zomboss while he sends out his iceball attack, you will have to deal with the snowball with a Jalapeno and unfreeze him.
- If you have multiple Ice-shrooms avalible, you can use more of them while the head is exposed to freeze him for a longer amount of time, giving you more time to attack with your other plants. This is important because butter from Kernal-pults will not stop the Zombot. If multiple Jalapenos are avalible as well, you can use them to deal extra damage before planting another Ice-shroom to keep him in place.
- If possible, when tough zombies such as Gargantuars, Zombonis, or Catapult Zombies appear, try to wait until they get as close to your most frontal plant before planting a Jalapeno to finish them all. This improves the effect those Jalapenos have in case Dr. Zomboss wants to put more zombies on the same row.
- If you have only one Roof Cleaner left, he will put almost all of the zombies in the row with the last Roof Cleaner left.
- Level 5-10, Level 1-1 (on first playthrough), Level 2-5, and Level 4-5 are the only Adventure Mode levels without a Flag Zombie.
- The "up, up, down, down, left, right" code Crazy Dave mentions is known as the Konami Code that appears in most of Konami's video games such as Metal Gear Solid.
- Level 5-10, Dr. Zomboss's Revenge, and Invisi-ghoul are the only levels of the game with no visible zombies shown at the start of the level.
- Despite the hands of the Zombot not being large enough for a Gargantuar, they are still able to be placed down and not stick over the top of the hand.
- Level 5-10, Dr. Zomboss's Revenge, and Co-Op Zomboss are the only three levels set on the Night Roof.
- If a Flower Pot with a Jalapeno is destroyed before the Jalapeno explodes, it will still cause the Flower Pot to be destroyed and the Jalapeno will explode instantly.