Level 3-1 is the twenty-first level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the first Pool level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Squash.
- The player may find it difficult planting Lily Pads on pool lanes.
- Mushrooms fall asleep during the day, making them useless in Pool levels until the player unlocks Coffee Bean.
- Zombies may overwhelm players in the pool lanes.
- A few zombies will randomly pop out of the water during the final wave.
- Required plants:
- Plant Sunflowers first. Only worry about Lily Pads when the first Ducky Tube Zombie appears. For the first and second zombie that comes on the screen, plant Potato Mines to easily get rid of them.
- Plant Peashooters and Repeaters for defense. Start planting Lily Pads and plant there also.
- Plant Wall-nuts and Cherry Bombs if necessary.
- Plant Snow Peas only when you are done planting Repeaters and Peashooters.
- If the player is lucky enough, in this level they won't face even any Ducky Tube Zombie. However they will still pop-up in the final wave.