Late Boomer is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 3. He will appear during any sort of battle (Arena, Devour Tower, Breakout Battle, etc) after the last wave of stage 1 if either of these conditions is met:
- 45 seconds pass after the total health of the wave is reduced by 50%.
- 63 seconds pass after the wave appears on the lawn.
His singular attack is to explode all plants in 3x3 area and instantly defeat other zombies on the lawn. Late Boomer attacks if either:
- He is defeated by the player.
- He makes contact with a plant.
- 20 seconds pass since his appearance.
Zombies defeated by Late Boomer don't award any points.
His name is a pun of "BOOM!", commonly used word in media to depict an explosion, and a term "Late Bloomer", which is used to refer to an individual whose talents are seen later than of others of their age.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
- Gravestones don't spawn new zombies in stage 1 after Late Boomer is defeated.