Knight Zombie is a zombie that appears in Dark Ages. Like Blockhead Zombie, Jurassic Fossilhead, and Brickhead Zombie variants, he has no special ability other than being able to absorb a lot of damage. If Zombie Kings are present on the lawn, they will transform nearby Peasant Zombies, Conehead Peasants, and Buckethead Peasants into these zombies. He will also get his helm strengthened from the Zombie King if needed. Magnet-shrooms can steal his knight helm and degrade him to a standard Peasant Zombie, although the Zombie King can restore it soon after.
The Knight Zombie wears a metal knight helm with a small red feather on his head. He also wears metal shoulder pads, unlike a standard Peasant Zombie. Rather than wearing a full knight gear, he wears a standard peasant outfit, giving him an odd, unnatural, half-knight, half-peasant appearance.
His king appointed helm provides amazing protection from damage.
Knight Zombie was just as surprised as anyone when Zombie King promoted him. He'd never say this out loud, but he's not sure he deserves the position. He's not sure he has what it takes to wear the armor. But like they say, "Fake it 'til you make it."
The Knight Zombie absorbs 1790 damage per shot and his appearance changes upon absorbing 534, 1067, 1600 (when the helmet is destroyed), and 1695 damage per shot, before he dies at 1790 damage per shot.
- Player's House: Piñata Party
- Dark Ages: Nights 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and Arthur's Challenge.
- Modern Day: Days 33, 37 and Highway to the Danger Room (through portals only).
- Arena: Power Lily's Garden Party Tournament.
This zombie can be a big problem if you are not prepared, as the damage it absorbs is almost equivalent to an instant kill, giving it half of a gargantuar's effective health. If you see Knight Zombie on the seed selection screen, choose an instant-kill plant as a way to quickly get rid of this zombie. Try to break all the graves near the plants, as these zombies can be summoned during Necromancy. Fume-shroom's Plant Food ability will also help, as it greatly reduces Knight Zombie's health and will push him back. Using Fume-shroom's Plant Food ability in conjunction with Sun Bean is quite effective for sun farming. If there are other zombies behind it with high health, such as Buckethead Peasant, it may be useful to use a Hypno-shroom on it. Use Sun Bean's Plant Food on it if you are low on sun. Any strong offensive plant, such as Coconut Cannon or Citron will take it down quite easily. Using Magnet-shrooms can help a lot as they remove their helm, which will reduce his toughness drastically. When there are a lot of Knight Zombies, use Plant Food on a Magnet-shroom for removing each helm or a Shadow-shroom for dealing direct damage to all Knights on-screen, while ignoring their helms completely. Do not use it if you see Zombie Kings, as they will grant the helms back.
Aside from high DPS plants, Magnet-shrooms and instant kills, there are also some alternative solutions to them. Examples include those with special effects when eaten like Chili Bean, Sun Bean, Hypno-Shroom, crowd controllers like Winter Melon, Hurrikale, Shrinking Violet or Stunion, as well as armor-piercing attackers like Shadow-shroom, Puffball, Chomper, Grimrose, Shadow Peashooter and Explode-o-Vine.
In Arthur's Challenge, Knight Zombies, along with Zombie Kings, Jester Zombies, Dark Ages Gargantuars, and Wizard Zombies, are very dangerous in large numbers. These zombies are either too durable or have annoying abilities. You should have Cherry Bombs, Fume-shrooms, Iceberg Lettuces, and their Imitater versions for your disposal. Other strong, ranged area attacker plants are also a necessity.
- ▼ Health decreased from 270 DPS to 190 DPS
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Knight Zombie.
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Zumbi Cavaleiro|
- His Almanac entry makes a reference to Zombie King, despite Zombie King being released after Knight Zombie. This could have been a sort of teaser or hint that the Zombie King was going to appear in Dark Ages Part 2.
- After his helmet gets knocked off, his shoulder armor inexplicably disappears.
- The shoulder armor is counted as part of the helmet, so it disappears with the helmet when he becomes a Peasant Zombie.
- If the Magnet-shroom steal his helmet, the shoulder armor will not disappear.
- Although he cannot survive an instant kill, he takes two hits for a hypnotized Gargantuar to kill a full health Knight Zombie.
- Since the 5.9.1 update, for some reason, the knight helmets no longer glow white when the Zombie King grants a helm to any Peasant Zombie.