- For other uses, see Kernel-pult (disambiguation).
Kernel-pult is an offensive lobbed-shot plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. While he normally lobs kernels that deal 30 damage per shot at an equal rate to Cabbage-pult (2.85 - 3 seconds), he has a 25% (20% in Chinese version) chance to fire a butter projectile that deals 60 damage per shot to his target, briefly stunning it in most cases.
In Chinese version, Kernel-pult's stun duration and his chance to fire a butter depend on the zombies level, and each kernel deals 20 damage per shot, with butter dealing 40 damage per shot.
- 1 About
- 2 Almanac entry
- 3 Upgrades
- 4 Strategies
- 5 Balance changes
- 6 Related achievement
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- For more information about this character, see Kernel-pult.
Kernel-pult is obtained by finishing Pirate Seas - Day 1. The butter stuns for 8 seconds (In Chinese version, stun duration is reduced by 2 seconds per zombies level, minimum is 2 seconds) and can also instantly defeat the following zombies, regardless of health:
- Seagull Zombie
- Pelican Zombie
- Zombie Parrot
- Bug Zombie (Only kills the bug, and will never kill the zombie)
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 100
Kernel-pult flings corn kernels and butter at zombies.
Damage Details: light (kernel), normal (butter)
Special: butter immobilizes zombies
While working as an usher at the local movieplex, he saw "Fried Green Tomatoes" and found his higher calling. He packed up his husks, his kernels, his butter, and enlisted.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Kernel-pult hurls butter that hits every zombie and obstacle on-screen, dealing 60 damage per shot (40 damage in the Chinese version) and paralyzing them for 8 seconds.
When given Plant Food, Kernel-pult shoots flaming butter which deals more damage (50 damage per shot at level 1).
When boosted by Arma-mint, Kernel-pult deals an additional 100 DPS with his kernels, and his butter stun duration is increased to 16 seconds. Notably, Kernel-pult does not gain any additional damage to his butter when boosted.
|Damage per projectile
|1||0||0||100||5 seconds||300 dps||30 dps||Normal||8 seconds||Lobbed|
|2||10||1,000||100||4.5 seconds||325 dps||35 dps||8.5 seconds|
|3||50||2,000||100||4.5 seconds||350 dps||40 dps||9 seconds|
|4||100||4,000||100||4.5 seconds||375 dps||45 dps||+1.3x||9.5 seconds|
|5||125||6,000||100||4 seconds||400 dps||50 dps||10 seconds|
|6||175||8,000||75||4 seconds||450 dps||55 dps||10.5 seconds|
|7||250||10,000||75||4 seconds||500 dps||60 dps||11 seconds|
|8||350||15,000||75||3.5 seconds||550 dps||65 dps||11.5 seconds|
|9||450||20,000||75||3.5 seconds||600 dps||70 dps||12 seconds|
|10||800||60,000||75||3.5 seconds||650 dps||75 dps||+1.6x||12.5 seconds|
|11||1,000||75,000||75||3.5 seconds||700 dps||80 dps||13 seconds|
|12||1,250||100,000||75||3 seconds||750 dps||85 dps||13.5 seconds|
|13||1,500||150,000||75||3 seconds||800 dps||90 dps||14 seconds|
|14||1,750||200,000||50||3 seconds||850 dps||95 dps||15 seconds|
|15||2,000||250,000||50||2.5 seconds||900 dps||100 dps||16 seconds|
*Column shows damage of kernels. Butters deal twice as much damage.
Plants vs. Zombies Online
- Hover the image to see the full description.
Kernel-pult has received a noticeable buff both in his offensive and supportive capability: Firstly, the butter's stunning duration has been effectively tripled due to the normal duration increase combined with the change in general gameplay, massively increasing Kernel-pult's support capability. Secondly, Kernel-pult can now also instantly kill several flying enemies, and will prove to be even more effective than other offensive plants at combating Zombie Parrots.
Kernel-pult's Plant Food ability reflects the plant's supportive nature, as while he does very low damage for a Plant Food effect, he can temporarily disable all enemies on the field. Therefore, he should only be used if the player needs more time to react, or when there are great amounts of Seagull Zombies/Pelican Zombies, Bug Zombies and/or Zombie Parrots present on the screen. Compared to Iceberg Lettuce's Plant Food effect, Kernel-pult's can deal damage, affect flying threats and work in tandem with fire-based plants, but does not affect off-screen enemies and has a shorter stun time. Plus, Parasol Zombie is immune to it.
Using him with the Primal Peashooter is a bad idea as Primal Peashooter can knock back zombies and Kernel-pult can easily miss his shots.
Aside from the enemies that can be instantly neutralized by butter, Kernel-pult can also prove to be particularly effective against the following targets:
- Swashbuckler Zombie (kills him instantly only when he is raiding)
- Pirate Captain Zombie (prevents him from releasing the Zombie Parrot to steal plants, and can insta-kill the parrot)
- Chicken Wrangler Zombie and Weasel Hoarder (preventing them from releasing their Zombie Chickens and Ice Weasels, even if they are killed)
- Disco-tron 3000 (prevents it from summoning Disco Jetpack Zombie)
- Dodo Rider Zombie (Disables flight)
▲ Kernel damage increased from 20 to 30
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Kernel-pult.
- After the 2.7.1 update, he can immobilize Pharaoh Zombie while in his sarcophagus, despite that zombie being unable to see while still in it.
- However, this is still not the case in the Chinese version.
- In the Chinese version, if a zombie gets buttered, then a Tactical Cuke goes off, the zombie's head will float in mid-air, but the rest of the body will disappear.
- He is tied with Bonk Choy for the most amount of costumes in the entire game, with six.
- Fried Green Tomatoes, mentioned in his Almanac entry, is a movie about a housewife who is unhappy with her life, and she befriends an old lady who her tells her stories of people she used to know.
- As stated in one of his costumes, his favorite color is red.
- The kernel rocket from the Level 2 upgrade in the Chinese version can defrost zombies.
- If a Jester Zombie returns the butter lobbed by a Kernel-pult, the butter will do nothing other than damaging a plant.
- The Travel Log Quest for unlocking Kernel-pult spells it "kernelpult" with no dash in between.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies Online
- He was formerly unlocked after beating Pirate Seas - Level 3-1.
- The basket is now made of metal. It can also be customized to be other various things, such as a net or baseball glove.