Jurassic Marsh is the 9th world (10th world released chronologically) in Plants vs. Zombies 2 which was released across the 4.2.1 and 4.3.1 updates on November 17, 2015, and December 15, 2015, its sneak-peek Piñata Parties for each part beginning on November 11, 2015, and December 9, 2015, respectively, and the soft release was released to Android on November 12, 2015, and December 10, 2015. It received 10 new rally levels and new zombies in a software update on June 6th, 2017.
This world takes place during the Jurassic Era, long before the events of Frostbite Caves, where dinosaurs were still alive. Although the lawn is located in a marsh, water is not a relevant environment modifier in this world. However, water can be seen near the lawn.
All the plants obtained in this world except Perfume-shroom, Grapeshot, and Cold Snapdragon are "primal" versions of the Player's House plants (except Cabbage-pult). The premium plant released alongside Part 1 of Jurassic Marsh is Grapeshot, and the one released alongside Part 2 is Cold Snapdragon.
- Main article: Dinosaur
Dinosaurs are the gimmick and environmental modifier of this world. They do not act like typical zombies and are not classified as such since there is no such interaction between the dinosaurs and plants (except between Perfume-shroom). They, however, do interact with zombies of any type that passes by them. The dinosaurs are the raptor, stegosaurus, pterodactyl, T. Rex, and ankylosaurus.
|Choose your seeds|
|Wave 1 Start|
|Wave 2A Start|
|Final Wave Start|
|Jurassic Marsh Ultimate Battle|
|Jurassic Marsh Demonstration Minigame|
|Winning a Jurassic Marsh level|
|Losing a Jurassic Marsh level|
|Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur battle Intro|
The ground thunders under the awful feet of terrible lizards! Dinosaurs prowl the past, provoking prehistoric zombies into a frenzy of ancient antipathy!
Order of events
On Day 32, Dr. Zomboss stated that he is irritated by the player's interference and told them to wait for the "enormous rock" he scheduled to get rid of them. Once the player defeats the Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur, Penny detected an incoming meteor, and Crazy Dave farewell his goodbye to the dinosaurs, stating they'll be birdies in no time. Dr. Zomboss then decides that he doesn't have any other choice but to enact his Project Paradox, and flees.
Jurassic Marsh is a very hard world. It contains a whopping twenty four somewhat hard-hard days, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33, 37, 41, and 42. Ten very hard days, 9, 12, 16, 25, 26, 29, 35, 36, 39, and 40, and one extremely hard day, 34. It’s much harder than the previous world, Neon Mixtape Tour, but it is easier than the next world, Big Wave Beach.
|2||Choice with||Two||Money bag|
|3||Two||Special Delivery level||Money bag|
|5||Choice with||Two||Money bag|
|6||Choice||Two||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|7||One||Special Delivery level
Objective: Don't let the zombies trample the flowers
|Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|9||Three||Locked and Loaded level||Money bag|
|12||Choice||Two||Objective: Don't lose more than 6 plants||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|14||Two||Locked and Loaded level||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|15||Choice||Two||Save Our Seeds level||Note|
|16||Three||Conveyor-belt level||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|19||Two||Special Delivery level
Objective: Don't let the zombies trample the flowers
|20||Choice||Two||Objective: Produce at least 2000 sun||La Brainsa Tarpits|
|22||Choice without sun-producing or free plants||One||Last Stand level||Money Bag|
|24||Choice||Three||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|26||Choice||Two||Objective: Survive without planting on Dave's mold colonies||Money bag|
|27||Choice without sun-producing or free plants||One||Last Stand level||Money bag|
|29||Three||Locked and Loaded level||Jurassic Marsh piñata|
|31||One||Locked and Loaded level||Money bag|
|32||Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur's health||Boss battle||Jurassic Marsh Trophy|
Epic Quest: Jurassic Marsh Mash!
Play extra hard Jurassic Marsh levels 33-42 to win vast numbers of gems!
Since the 7.4.1 update, this limited-time Epic Quest of 10 steps was added. It uses Jurassic Marsh days 33 to 42 as the equivalent of its 10 steps. A money bag is awarded after completing each step, and completing all 10 levels will give the player 100 gems.
|2||Three||Locked and Loaded level|
|3||Two||Special Delivery level
Objective: Don't let the zombies trample the flowers.
|4||Choice||Three||Save Our Seeds level
Objective: Don't spend more than 3500 sun.
|6||Three||Locked and Loaded level
Objective: Survive without planting on Dave's mold colonies.
|7||Three||Special Delivery level
Objective: Survive a Massive Attack in Jurassic Marsh; Never have more than 15 plants
|9||Choice without sun-producing or free plants||One||Last Stand level
Objective: Don't let the zombies trample the flowers
|10||Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur's health||Boss battle|
- Main article: Special Delivery
Special Delivery is a Brain Buster that is a conveyor-belt level with the plants given via said conveyor-belt. Being a conveyor-belt level, no sun and sun-producing plants will be given. Starting from Big Wave Beach, most of its levels are featuring new plants.
Save Our Seeds
- Main article: Save Our Seeds
In the Save Our Seeds levels, the player has to protect the endangered plants marked by a striped tile and his or her house too. If the player lets one of them be eaten by the zombies or disappear in some way, he or she will lose. Otherwise, it is a regular level, which the player can choose the plants to protect the endangered ones.
It is playable on
Locked and Loaded
- Main article: Locked and Loaded
Locked and Loaded is a regular Brain Buster with the plants chosen, and the player has to use them to defeat the zombies. Starting from Dark Ages, its levels will always feature a premium plant.
- Main article: Last Stand
Last Stand is a Brain Buster that gives the player a huge a amount of sun and some Plant Food before starting the level. However, the player cannot choose plants that do not cost sun (except Hot Potato and Stallia), sun-producing plants and some other certain plants (However, this rarely happens). After choosing, the player will be able to plant plants with instant recharge to set up his or her defense before starting the battle.
La Brainsa Tarpits
- Main article: La Brainsa Tarpits
La Brainsa Tarpits is Jurassic Marsh's Endless Zone and it is unlocked after completing Day 20. If the player decides to go here before completing the rest of the world, Jurassic Bully and Ankylosaurus will be encountered earlier. This Endless Zone starts you off first with Primal Peashooter, Primal Wall-nut and Primal Sunflower (instead of their modern counterparts) and Perfume-shroom. As the player progresses, more dinosaurs will appear in the level and tougher zombies will appear more often. Players consider this as one of the most difficult Endless Zones in the game because of how threatening the dinosaurs are (especially Ankylosaurus).
Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur
- Main article: Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Jurassic Marsh.
- Jurassic Marsh is the farthest back in time the player goes in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The map after Day 16 appears to be the landscape changed by the meteor impact due to the absence of grass coupled with dead flora.
- The lawn of Jurassic Marsh contains the skeleton of a dinosaur, similar to the one on the unsodded Player's House lawn.
- The skeleton is much bigger than the in-game dinosaurs.
- A world similar to this world first appeared in Plants vs. Zombies: Timepocalypse, albeit with no name.
- The zombies' foreheads have the same Neanderthal appearance as the Frostbite Caves zombies' foreheads.
- The art used in Jurassic Marsh bears a strong resemblance to scenery from the cartoon show The Flintstones.
- Its former name (Mesozoic Marsh) in French, is "Mésozoïque Park," which is a reference to the Jurassic Park franchise.
- This world has the least number of zombies encountered,which is 8.
- The Day 15 note appears is one of the map assets from Far Future, but recolored to green.
- Penny speculated that the asteroid was supposed to be 'Seattle-sized', implying her belief that the meteor was supposed to destroy the dinosaurs, but shrunk. Seattle is also a reference to that the PopCap company is in Seattle.
- However, by Day 32, after defeating Zomboss, Penny says "I detect an incoming meteor, User Dave. I advise immediate egress from this time zone" to which Crazy Dave replies "Bye-bye, dinos! You'll be birdies in no time." implying that the K-T extinction event, contrary to Penny's earlier speculation, was not prevented after all.
- The two premium plants released during Jurassic Marsh, Grapeshot and Cold Snapdragon, are both upgrades of pre-existing plants: Cherry Bomb and Snapdragon.
- Coincidentally, both plants are obtained in Pirate Seas.
- Jurassic Marsh is the second world with animated lawn mowers, the first being Frostbite Caves.
- Despite the fact that humans did not exist during the time of this world, zombies—which are assumed to be "undead" humans—are of course featured in this world. This fact is referenced in Jurassic Gargantuar's Almanac entry.
- Part of the Choose Your Seeds music at the beginning has a close resemblance to the first game's main menu music. This is shared with Modern Day's version too.
- Ultimate Battle and Brainiac Maniac have the slight touch of Pirate Seas, Wild West, Frostbite Caves, and Lost City with remixing using the natural instruments, aborigine-styled harmonics, and Hawaiian and Arabian instruments.
- Jurassic Marsh has no exclusive Brain Buster, similar to Frostbite Caves, Ancient Egypt and Neon Mixtape Tour.
- Usually, Brainiac Maniac was used on Brain Busters levels. In Jurassic Marsh, aside from Save Our Seeds, it was used on some levels with given criteria to pass (i.e. preventing zombies from trampling flowers.)
- Jurassic Marsh, Neon Mixtape Tour, and Wild West are the only worlds that do not have surprise attacks.
- The lawn appears to be higher above ground than the scenery like the house, zombie base, background marsh, but the zombies do not appear to gain ground when entering the lawn/eating the brains.
- All plants obtained in this world start with the letter P.
- All of the zombies in this world except Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur and Amberhead Zombie start with the word "Jurassic."
- Jurassic Zombie, Jurassic Flag Zombie, and Jurassic Rally Zombie are the only zombies in this world with the word "Zombie" in their name.
- The achievements for Part 2 were accidentally leaked on Google Play Games with the official release of the Jurassic Marsh Part 1 update. Those leaked the designs of the Primal Potato Mine and T. Rex.
- One of the Part 2 advertisements shows the ankylosaurus and text that says; "Objects in game may be larger than they appear!" which is a reference from the Jurassic Park franchise.
- It is the only world to have one of its icons not be themed with the world. The Part 2 icon was for the Feastivus event.
- The Part 2 preview shows a pterodactyl carrying a Jurassic Imp. This does not happen in-game as pterodactyls can only carry Jurassic Zombies, its variants, Jurassic Bullies and Jurassic Rockpunchers.
- Before the 5.3.1 version, it used to be the tenth world on the world map order.
- In the Android version of the game, the Wave 2B music is missing from the game entirely. This also includes the start of the Final Wave for Modern Day and Lost City.
- The instrument used to represent Jurassic Marsh in Modern Day's themes is the harmonica.