- For other uses, see Gargantuar (disambiguation).
Jurassic Gargantuar is a Gargantuar variant appearing in Jurassic Marsh. Compared to normal Gargantuars, Jurassic Gargantuar is significantly tougher, capable of absorbing up to 5400 damage per shot worth of damage before dying (The exact damage of 3 insta-kill plants), which makes it the Gargantuar variant with the highest health in Plants vs. Zombies 2. On the other hand, as a balance, Jurassic Gargantuar's speed is significantly slower, giving the plants more time to attack before he can reach them.
Prehistoric provider of Mesozoic malarkey.
Damage: crushes plants with bone
Special: launches Jurassic Imp when damaged
Jurassic Gargantuar wonders how there can be zombies millions of years before the advent of humanity. He doesn't let it get in the way of his plant-bashing, however.
Battlez: Caulipower's Escalating Tournament
While Jurassic Gargantuar is significantly tougher than the average Gargantuar, his slower movement speed means that normal offensive plants will have no more problem fighting him compared to other variants. The trouble arises, however, when the player decides to use instant plants: Up to three Cherry Bombs are required to defeat Jurassic Gargantuar. Therefore, even the use of Imitater will not prevent him from throwing his Jurassic Imp.
Ultimately, any strategies that worked with normal Gargantuars should also apply to Jurassic Gargantuars: Instant plants can quickly whittle him down, while slowing and stunning plants can give the defense more attacking time. Perfume-shroom can also be used to charm a raptor, allowing him to instantly kick out Jurassic Gargantuar. The player can also use a Primal Wall-nut, which can take three smashes if it does not have any degrades showing, to temporarily stall him, while your other plants attack him, since it has a cheap cost of 75 sun, and a fast recharge. However, note that this may not work when they are in clusters. Plants like Primal Potato Mines are much cheaper and stronger than Cherry Bombs, thus you should try to use them instead, and, if possible, use Plant Food on Primal Potato Mines.
Primal Peashooters will be able to stall Jurassic Gargantuars, due to their movement speed. However, at least two Primal Peashooters are needed to stall a single Jurassic Gargantuar, while four or five will be needed to stall clusters of them.
However, Jurassic Gargantuar will be much more dangerous when aided by a T. Rex as it boosts his movement speed. It is important to use Perfume-shroom before the T. Rex roars, which causes him to chomp the zombie, destroying him quickly. Alternatively, Primal Wall-nut can be placed in front of Cold Snapdragon, as the slow effect not only eliminates the speed boost but also makes him much slower than he originally was. Since Primal Wall-nuts recharge quickly, this can literally last forever against a single one, though multiple ones will require a Perfume-Shroom.
- He and Pharaoh Zombie are the only zombies, excluding Zombots and zombies behind Glitter Zombie (during the pop jam), that can survive a single attack from Electric Blueberry (Which insta-kills most others), although the thunder cloud will remain and will strike them until they die.
- He appears to be a reference to the movie The Croods as in the movie, Grug Crood, the big, buff, over-protective father of the main character carries a smaller, skinnier man who knows how to survive the "Apocalypse" in a log as his prisoner.
- The line, "Prehistoric provider of Mesozoic malarkey," in the Almanac entry of this zombie may be a nod to the world's old name, which was Mesozoic Marsh.
- Very strangely, the feet of the Jurassic Imp can be seen hanging out of the bottom of Jurassic Gargantuar's log before he has been thrown. This is extremely disproportionate considering the height of the Jurassic Imp normally and the length of the log that the Jurassic Imp is in.