The June 2017 Patch was a character balancing update for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 released on June 15th, 2017.
- Increased damage from 6 to 8.
- Fixed bug where his DoT was being applied twice
Dev Notes: Toxic Chomper relies too heavily on his Damage Over Time to be effective against enemies. Compared to other Chompers, Toxic Chomper’s damage output is quite low. This change should help him keep up with the other guys.
- Decreased reticle bloom
- Increased accuracy within his reticle space.
Dev Notes: This should help him be more accurate in mid-range fights, while still requiring more patience than other pirates to get those extremely high-damage critical hits from farther off.
- Reduced reload time from 2 to 1.65 seconds.
- Decreased the effectiveness of both reload upgrades by 2%.
Dev Notes: Tank Commander is both too weak at low levels and too strong at high levels (with certain upgrades equipped). Increasing his reload speed makes him stronger at lower levels, while decreasing the strength of his reload upgrades evens him out at higher levels.
- Increased close range damage of Radical Raygun from 6.5 to 7.
- Increased close range damage of Mega Awesome Laser from 10.5 to 11.5.
- Increased close range damage of Wood Chipper from 5 to 6.
- Increased close range damage of Smoldering Madness from 5.5 to 6.
Dev Notes: The slight increase of damage to both their primary weapons and their weapon modifying abilities will help these guys fare better in close and mid-range fights.
- Decreased duration of frozen state from 2.5 to 2.1 seconds.
Dev Notes: Frozen state lasts a little too long. We want to reward players who manage to freeze an enemy, but not be so punishing that said enemy has no hope once frozen. With this change, players should feel less helpless when facing ice characters.
- Decreased freeze rate by 20%
- Decreased freeze rate by 10%
- Decreased freeze rate by 40%
Dev Notes: These characters are all freezing too quickly. AC Perry is especially tough since his splash damage causes freezing. We found that players would often be frozen before they realized they were getting attacked. This change should give players enough time to react.
- Decreased duration of Gravity Grenade from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
Dev Notes: Decreasing the amount of time enemies are caught in the gravity zone requires Imps to be a little more skilled in finishing off their targets.
- Decreased damage of Turbo Twister from 8 to 6.
- Decreased Turbo Twister speed reduction effect on enemies from 50% to 25%.
Dev Notes: Due to its high damage and speed reduction effect, Super Brainz’ Turbo Twister ability is difficult to counter. Reducing the damage and speed reduction will give plants more of an opportunity to react.