- Not to be confused with the game of the same name.
Journey to the West (西游记; pinyin: Xīyóu jì) is a world in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars. It is based on Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, a Chinese exclusive version of Plants vs. Zombies, which is in turn based on a Ming Dynasty novel by Wu Cheng'en with the same name. The zombies in this world are loosely based off those that appear in the storyline of the novel.
- Oddly enough, the Wok-Head Zombie is similar to the Poncho Zombie, which is the Buckethead variant of this world.
- Four of the zombies here were originally found in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West: Skeleton Demon Zombie, Red Boy Imp, Yellow Brows Gargantuar and Ox-Demon King Zombot.
- The symbol found on the hand in the world map is the ancient Indian symbol of Divinity.
- This is the only world in the game to not be based on a time period, but rather being a novel.
- Unlike other worlds, this worlds lawn has non-pattern oriented tiles, as it may go "light-light-dark" while other worlds follow a pattern of "light-dark-light" and vice versa.