- For other uses, see Jalapeno (disambiguation).
Jalapeno (pronounced as "Halapenio") is an instant-kill plant available in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he will explode and cover the lane he is placed on in fire, dealing 1800 damage per shot to and removing all ice-based effect from every enemy in the lane. He costs 100 gems to obtain.
- For more information about this character, see Jalapeno.
Jalapeno returns as a premium plant available for purchase at $2.99. Version 5.9.1 made him cost 100 gems. He can also both melt ice blocks and instantly kill zombies trapped within. While his flames seems to last longer, he only deals damage once to all zombies, meaning that a flying imp, while not burnt by him mid-air, will be scorched if he lands on the flames.
After the 4.0 update, Jalapeno is used to represent the difficulty of all the worlds except for the Player's House, ranging from one to five.
SUN COST: 125
Jalapenos destroy an entire lane of zombies.
Usage: single use, instant
This jalapeno is one spicy character by day and The Macramé Vigilante by night. You might be wondering what his secret weapons is... it's knots.
|1||0||0||125||35 seconds||1800 dps||Lane|
|2||10||1,000||125||34 seconds||1900 dps|
|3||25||2,500||125||33 seconds||2000 dps|
|4||50||5,000||100||32 seconds||2100 dps|
|5||100||10,000||100||31 seconds||2200 dps|
|6||200||20,000||100||30 seconds||2300 dps|
|7||400||30,000||75||29 seconds||2400 dps|
Note: Jalapeno can't be upgraded to level 4.
Jalapeno can be used to neutralize Barrel Roller Zombies while preventing the barrels from releasing Imp Pirate Zombies. It is also useful for cleaning up tombstones in Ancient Egypt and the Dark Ages, or ice block in the Frostbite Caves - the latter is a special case, as unlike most other instant plants which will only destroy the ice and leave the trapped zombie mostly unscathed, Jalapeno can instantly melt the ice and kill the zombie at once.
It should be noted that because he attacks by using fire, Imp Dragon Zombies are immune to his attack, therefore making him useless against them. But aside from that, which is a very specific scenario, his utility is not hampered.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Jalapeno.
- Jalapeno and his costume, a park ranger hat, is also meant to be ironic, since park rangers are more like firefighters, while he uses flames to attack zombies.
- This also applies with Snapdragon and one of his costume, a fireman helmet.
- His explosion plays additional sounds absent from the previous game. He makes a "fweeee" sound and maracas during the explosion, making it sound like he is frying something.
- Upon Neon Mixtape Tour Side B's release, he makes an appearance on the world map as a difficulty rating for the different worlds.
- On March 16, 2017, he became one of 5 premium plants to be permanently purchasable with 100 gems, along with Squash, Hypno-shroom , Pea-nut, and Shrinking Violet.
- In his watering animation, he is trying to drink water because he is spicy.
- His artwork in the Penny's Pursuit difficulty selection is different than in-game.