Iron Man Nut (坚果钢铁侠; pinyin: jiānguǒ gāngtiěxiá) was a plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. It was one of the Hero Plants introduced in the game. It fired energy balls and shot lasers at zombies, which could sometimes deal critical damage, and could be moved anywhere, even above water.
Iron Man Nut is based on a Wall-nut and famous Marvel superhero Iron Man, the alias of genius billionaire playboy scientist Tony Stark, who fights crime in a mechanized full-body suit designed and built by himself.
Iron Man Nut has following abilities:
- As any other hero, it can be moved by swiping a finger from its location to the desired cell. Hero Plants can be placed everywhere, except cracks in ground in Outsmart the Fire Child levels and uncovered earth in Battle of the Ox-Demon. If Hero Plant placed on other plant, it desactivates (except Oxygen Algae ability)
- As any other hero, Iron Man Nut, if chosen, present on the central cell of the lawn from the very beginning of the level. If zombies kill it, it is absent for some time on the field, after which it is reborn in the original place.
- Iron Man Nut shoots plasma balls, which deals 26 DPS and cannot be upgraded
- Iron Man Nut can resist many bites from zombies, absorbing 400 dps. Its health can be increased by "Durability" skill upgrades
- Iron Man Nut has a chance to shoot piercing lasers, similar to Laser Bean, but only if "Laser Beams" skill was unlocked
- This plant has a chance to shoot rockets from its jetpack, which deals 200 damage to all targets in 3*3 range, but only if "Zenithal Rockets" skill was unlocked
- Iron Man Nut can heal itself, when zombies don't eat it, but only if "Recovery" skill was unlocked
- If Iron Man Nut has very low heath, it surrounds itself by "Invincible Shield". In this state, it does not take damage, but cannot move. This ability has cooldown and requires appropriate skill
|cost of first two upgrades||cost of following upgrades||0 level||1||2||3||4||5|
|Recovery||2||4||0% of max. health||0.5%||1%||1,5%||2%||2,5%|
|Invincible shield||4||8||0 sec.||6||8||10||12||15|
- Its name was inspired by the superhero Iron Man.
- It is the only Hero Plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West that is not based on a character that appears in Journey to the West
- Its blue energy balls resembled the ones fired by the Citron.