- You may be looking for Wall-nut, which has a Plant Food ability that looks similar to the Iron Maiden.
- You may be looking for Jugger-Nut, a plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes that looks similar to the Iron Maiden.
The difference between the abilities is that it is smaller, but it is stronger with the health of 450. The only way to obtain this ability is buying sticker packs. It takes 30 seconds to recharge.
Only four Iron Maidens can be placed at a time and the oldest one will be removed if the player attempts to place a fifth one. Like most of the other alternate abilities, it was introduced in the Garden Variety DLC.
In Garden Warfare 2 it has a Rux exclusive bling variant named the Bling Maiden. Like most of the bling variants however, the Bling Maiden is merely a bejeweled reskin of the default Iron Maiden, and as such functions identically.
Its name comes from an infamous historical torture device from the 18th century which consists of an iron cabinet just like this Wall-nut's iron plating and spiky interior to torture the victim placed inside. Its name could also be derived from the English heavy metal band of the same name.
Encased in iron armor, these Iron Maiden Tallnuts will stare at Zombies with an unmatched intensity. They are very hard to destroy and enjoy getting in the way.
This Tallnut is encased in solid bling gold armor! How did a Tallnut even afford such expensive armor though?
As this can withstand more damage but has a smaller hitbox, Iron Maiden is more useful than the Tallnut Battlement at blocking narrow corridors.
- It actually resembles Wall-nuts more than Tall-nuts, but they are referenced as "Tall-nut" in their description.
- When destroyed, nut fragments and armor pieces will fly around for several seconds.
- Because it is a defensive ability, it can be destroyed by both plants and zombies.
- Its armor is always scratched when placed.
- It makes a grunting sound when attacked.
- It can be destroyed immediately if an Engineer jumps on it while riding the Jackhammer/Turbo Jackhammer.
- The Bling Maiden lost to the Dark Bean Bomb ability in a poll deciding what ability Rux will sell next.