Iron Citron is a Legendary Citron variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. His appearance is the same as a regular Citron but appears to be encased in Iron Armor and wears no Bounty Shades. He is the armored variant of the Citron. He has the 2nd highest health out of any other playable variant ever, having 250 health, which is slightly lower than Torchwood's (not counting the Infinity Robots, which have 2000 HP or the Z-Mech, which has 300 to 400 HP depending on the variant) . His primary weapon, Mech Breaker, is similar to the Tank Commander as it only has one ammo before needing to reload. Iron Citron has the legendary ability called Iron Mode that, after getting 5 vanquishes in a row, makes him move faster and increases the ammo in his clip from 1 to 5 ammunition (More info below on "Iron Mode" below).
- 1 Origins
- 2 Descriptions
- 3 AI Health
- 4 Primary weapon
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Strategies
- 7 Unlocking tips
- 8 Balancing changes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 References
He may be based off Iron Man, as they both have metal suits and have "Iron" in their name.
Iron Citron's got a cool looking suit or armor, no question. But what he won't tell you is how hot it gets inside of that thing, and how much trouble he has bending over to pick things up.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and enter Iron Mode, where you'll gain a crazy ammo boost!
- Easy: 150
- Normal: 200
- Hard: 250
- CRAAAAZY: 300
The primary weapon of the Iron Citron is the Mech Breaker. It fires a projectile that deals 15 damage on a direct hit at long range 50 damage on a direct hit at close range. It does 7.5-25 splash damage. The Mech Breaker is a single-shot weapon.
While in Assault Mode
|More than just a robotic peach with a cute name, the EMPeach has been specially designed to stun Zombies, and especially Z-Mechs!|
|Who wouldn't want to transform into a ball and roll past all of life's problems? The Citron doesn't just roll, he dashes into foes and rolls with super speed and super style.|
Party Citron Ball
|The Party Ball is just the average Citron Ball we all know and love, but with 110% more party!|
|Harnessing cutting edge bio-citronics, the Peel Shield absorbs all incoming damage while still allowing you to shoot through it!|
|Stronger than its Peel Shield counterpart, this shield can withstand more incoming damage, but has a much shorter duration. It also changes color so you know when it's almost destroyed!|
While in Citron Ball
|Activate futuristic ball technology to temporarily increase your movement speed and jump capabilities!|
|Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.|
|Charge, then launch yourself at your enemies to inflict big damage!|
Iron Citron is similar to the Tank Commander but has a legendary meter to fill that allows him to be very effective compared to his zombie counterpart. This variant should be played either defensively or at long range. Iron Citron has 250 HP, meaning he has the second highest health in the game (this means he's nearly immune to standard weaponry when engaged in 1v1s). Iron Citron's single shot weapon is most effective in close quarters combat, dealing up to 50 damage. An effective way to build up your meter is to travel with other plants. A Sunflower sticking with an Iron Citron makes for an incredibly strong combo, with the latter providing all the protection needed in a minor scuffle as well as the kills he leeches building his extremely strong Legendary Mode. Attacking multiple player controlled Zombies solo can get you vanquished very fast as Iron Citron is often targeted. When "Iron Mode" is active, you become extraordinarily powerful in versatility with four extra shots in your magazine and 50% more speed. It's best, when on the offensive, to spawn Heal Weeds because having low health risks speeding your demise. Along with all other legendary variants, attacking spawnable zombies and bots would be a great strategy to fill up your legendary meter. He's far the most mobile out of all the armored variants, thanks to his Citron Ball ability, and has the most survivability of all the Armor variants, thanks to Citron's already high health being increased by 50 without a penalty to his speed and his Peel Shield/Mood Shield .
Iron Citron is a game-changing class if the opponent plays them right. Iron Citron's weakness is his size and damage dropoff. You will find that it is pretty easy to land shots on an Iron Citron in "attack mode" due to his large hitbox. Full auto classes like the Foot Soldier and the All-Star are effective counters (particularly Ice variants). Iron Citron only does 15 damage from direct hits at long range. Use this to your advantage by attacking him before he gets close. Avoid getting EMPeached if you can (pertaining even more to Scientists and Imps because of such low health) owing to the hits that he can land on you whilst you are helpless, and he can easily land them if he has decent aim. It is advised to team up against him if you are having trouble countering the Iron Citron because he has very low sustained DPS, yet can devastate you in a 1v1 every time like any other Citron from the EMPeach's stunning properties.
The Iron Citron is a Legendary variant, meaning that it is extremely hard to find stickers for him in sticker packs, and he cannot be unlocked in Phenomenal Character Packs. However, only two stickers are needed to unlock him. A good strategy to get him is to buy the Wondrous Pack Of Greatness packs, because it has the highest chance of getting a Legendary.
- ▼ Reduced damage falloff start/end distance from 30/50 – 20/40
- ▼ Reduced rate of fire in Iron Mode from 150 – 140
- ▼ Decreased the Mech Breaker's long range impact damage from 25 - 15
- ▼ Decreased the Mech Breaker's long range splash damage from 12.5 - 7.5
- He was named in a tweet by Gary Clay.
- When in Iron Mode, if he is vanquished and is revived, he will keep the ammo from Iron mode but will not get a speed boost from it and his bar will be empty, furthermore if he enters Iron mode while that is happening he will only gain a speed boost and will still keep the ammo if he is KO'd.
- It is unconfirmed if it is a possible damage value or a glitch but the Mech Breaker has in many instances been known to deal as much as 100 damage per shot ( see video above ).
- He is the only armored variant to not have reduced movement speed.
- His StickerBook description has a spelling error. It says "has a cool looking suit or armor" when it should be "has a cool looking suit of armor".
- His helmet is removable in the customization screen, which reveals his hair to be similar to Citron's, but slightly more crooked and a slightly different tone of green.
- Despite the weapon name, the Mech Breaker does no additional damage to mechs.
- It actually does less damage if it does not shoot the glass of the mech.
- There exists a glitch where if the player takes off his helmet, puts an accessory/facial hair on him and puts the helmet back on, the accessory/facial hair still appears on him, despite these being disabled when the helmet is on.
- This glitch can only be achieved with the "Dragon Skin" tattoo.
- In Infinity time, He is used as "citron overload", A boss at wave 15.