- For other uses, see Imp (disambiguation).
Imp is a playable zombie class in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He has a double jump (which includes a flip) and can hover. Because of his small size, and to compensate for his low health, the Imp is the fastest character in the game.
The smallest and most agile of the zombies, Imp can double-jump, hover, and giggle his way to victory. Two automatic Imp Blasters don't hurt either.
This little guy wields dual, rapid-fire Imp Blasters and can call in the massively powerful Z-Mech.
- Easy: 45 HP
- Normal: 60 HP
- Hard: 75 HP
- CRAAAAZY: 90 HP
|Lil' Drake||Pylon Imp||S.H.R.IMP||Z7 Imp*||Party Imp||Scallywag Imp|
* Pre-order Bonus
The Imp's primary weapon is the Imp Blaster. It is a fast firing weapon that can fire up to 35 ammo before having to reload.
|Utilizing crazy future technology, the Gravity Grenade sucks Plants towards its epicenter while lifting them off the ground!|
|When the going gets tough, summon your massive Z-Mech to even the score, and then some.|
|It's time to set your butt boosters to overdrive as you spin uncontrollably with both Imp Blasters blazing.|
The Imp is a glass cannon in every sense of the phrase- he does a lot of damage, but he can't take damage very well. As the Imp, make sure you keep moving and jumping whilst shooting. The Imp's low health makes it very easy for plants to vanquish you. A good way to get Vanquishes is to ambush your target from behind and avoid fighting large groups of plants. If you accidentally start a skirmish with a group of plants, use Impkata while trying to find an escape.
As an Imp, Citrons will always be your worst nightmare. Citron has many abilities that can render Imp's abilities useless. If you want to fight a Citron, take caution of Spin Dash, as it can vanquish you if you have less than 50 health. Double jump as the Citron is going to smash into you. Alternatively, Gravity Grenade them if they are in Ball Form, as they are unable to fight back,
Use Gravity Grenade if you want to set up a group of large plants into one bunch. The best time to execute a Gravity Grenade is near other zombies, as they will be able to help defeat the captured plants. Some classes like Foot Soldier or Super Brainz can easily use some of their abilities to quickly Vanquish the plants in this state. Gravity Grenade can also be used defensively to stop a plant from chasing you, but only use this strategy when in grave danger. Chompers (with the exception of the Yeti Chomper) are helpless when caught by a Gravity Grenade as long as you stay out of their bite range.
While the Imp can deal a lot of damage very quickly, the Imp suffers from great recoil. When firing your primary weapon, your shots will quickly raise in elevation. This makes it much harder to hit plants, especially since with no control, the Imp's shots are extremely inaccurate. Learning to control the Imp's recoil is crucial for Imps to deal damage efficiently.
Also, When you eject your mech if your gravity grenade is charged use it on your mech if plants are near.
The Imp is for certain a deadly character, but he's far from unbeatable, especially without his Z-Mech. Characters such as the Peashooter are effective against the Imp because of his splash damage, making hits on an Imp easier to land. Cacti may have a harder time hitting the Imp as he is among the smallest characters in the game, but most of their shots should be enough to take a good chunk off his health as long as his mech isn't in play.
Ideally, using crowd-control abilities such as EMPeach or Time Snare render the Imps mobility useless, allowing any teammate to land free hits.
Chomper's Goop is also very effective at immobilizing an Imp. You shouldn't need to outright eat them unless you're playing as Disco Chomper, who relies on eating Zombies to activate Disco Fever.
- ▼ Decreased default Imp magazine capacity from 45 rounds to 35 rounds
- ▼ Decreased Movement Speed Multiplier from 1 to 0.75 for all Imp variants while zoomed
- ▼ Decreased Ground Velocity from 7.7 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Decreased In-Air Velocity from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Decreased In-Air jump Velocity from 8.5 m/s to 7.45 m/s
- ▼ Decreased max Health from 75 to 50 for all Imp variants.
- ▲ Imps tuning focused on ensuring he had a bit more survivability outside of his mech, and also improved his primary weapon slightly
- ▲ Increased Imp health from 50 to 75
- ▼ Fixed a bug where the Imp couldn’t receive damage while he is making his Z-Mech phone call (he's now only invulnerable when the beam of light appears)
- ▼ Increased server-side bone collision size to make the Imp slightly easier to hit while he’s moving
- ▲ Reduced initial and regular cooldown times for Mech deploys by 30s
- ▲ Slightly increased accuracy
- ▲ Slightly reduced reticle bloom
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Imp.
In other languages
- The Z-Mech is based on the Titan from Titanfall, another EA game.
- Imp also appears to have a jetpack similar to the one used by the Pilots in Titanfall.
- In the E3 announcement trailer, the Imp was seen riding a flying machine and ejecting from it.
- In the title screen, several Imps are viewed flying these in the top right corner.
- As mentioned in records from E3, Citron is his counter in the same way that the Engineer is the Chomper's counter.
- By pre-ordering the game players get the Z7-Mech by Grass Effect, a spoof of Mass Effect. It is to be an alternate variant of the Z-Mech.
- Unlike the Imp in the Plants vs. Zombies series, who wear red unbuttoned shirts and blue shorts, he wears an orange jumpsuit and shorts while donning a yellow helmet.
- In the E3 trailer, the imp had 75 health, then it had 50 health, and in the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC it went back to 75 health.
- Imp is the only new zombie class that doesn't have a different primary weapon when the aim button is being pressed.
- According to the Garden Warfare 2 prequel comic series, the Z-Mech is capable of translating an Imp's thoughts.
- The Imp's laugh is very similar to the Defender Bot.
- When Imp is vanquished, he still holds the blasters in his hands, unlike all other zombie classes who lose their weapons when vanquished (excluding Super Brainz, who uses his fists as his weapons).
- In one of the original images for the Imps shown at the E3, the Imp only appears to have one blaster, which looks quite different from the ones that he now has.
- The Imp is the only class whose abilities change between variants, aside from the Unicorn and Twilight Chompers.