- For other uses, see Ice Pea (disambiguation).
Ice Pea is the Rare ice variant of the Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 whose primary weapon is the Ice Pea Cannon, which shoots ice peas that deal 14-19 major damage (16-26 when upgraded), and after multiple hits on a single target, it will freeze the target. This makes them unable to move, attack, or use abilities. The only downside of the Ice Pea is that the sound he makes when his peas hit terrain is much louder, alerting players to the player's presence.
The Ice Pea is the coldest Peashooter around, but still carries a warm personality.
Ice Pea slows, and eventually freezes Zombie foes!
AI Health (GW2 only)
The Ice Pea Cannon is the primary weapon of the Ice Pea; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The close range damage base and critical is 26.
- The max DPS at close range is 46.2.
- The middle range damage base and critical is 20.
- The max DPS at middle range is 35.5.
- The long range damage base and critical is 16.
- The max DPS at long range is 28.4.
- The splash damage at all ranges is 10.
- The weapon slows any enemy that gets hit by it, if enough hits are dealt the enemy will be frozen.
- The ammo in each clip is 15.
- The reload time is 2.5 seconds.
- The projectile speed is slow.
- The weapon is semi-auto.
- The bloom is low.
The Ice Pea's primary weapon is the Ice Pea Cannon. It deals 15 to 25 impact and critical damage depending on the distance. It also deals the same amount of splash damage as the normal Peashooter which is 10. However, if you can hit the enemy enough times, it will freeze the enemy, preventing them from firing their weapon or using their abilities.
Chili Bean Bomb
With Pea Gatling, the Ice Pea roots into the ground, has 100 ammo to fire continuously against the zombies.
Hyper enables the Ice Pea to accelerate and jump higher. This can help with both defense and offense.
Sombrero Bean Bomb
An alternate ability of Chili Bean Bomb, Sombrero Bean Bomb launches a Chili Bean Bomb wearing a sombrero that has a longer fuse than the normal Chili Bean Bomb, but in return, gives off 250 damage and a bigger explosion radius.
An alternate ability of Pea Gatling. With the Retro Gatling, the Ice Pea roots itself into a special form of Pea Gatling. It has only 50 ammo and shoots slower but each ammo is stronger.
Super Pea Jump
Super Pea Jump allows the Ice Pea to jump higher but does not get a speed boost.
Ice Pea is a great character for players who like freezing effects but have less than great accuracy. You can freeze enemies after just a few hits, and this character's splash damage allows for this to be done easier, and you can freeze multiple enemies at once. Use Hyper to rush at your opponents, and use the Chili Bean Bomb to force your opponents into range of your primary weapon. This character is best suited for mid-range combat but can also play a decent long range game if you are skilled at using it.
If you are trying to 1v1 an Ice Pea, it is important to stay mobile, due to the splash damage that the Ice Pea possesses, especially if you are playing as a character with a large hitbox, like the All-Star. Get on elevated ground, and try to snipe from there or use abilities to take it out as soon as possible.
Chilled Plant Food
Grown from ice-chilled plant food, the Ice Pea's reload time has now decreased.
Ice Packed Pea Bags
Ammo capacity increases due to the discovery of more ice-packed pea bags.
Harder Freezer Burned Peas
Extra freezing increases damage. Zombies won't like the taste of these freezer burned peas.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- If the player customizes him with a hat, all of his crystals on the back will disappear. This also happens to most other variants of the Peashooter, excluding Fire Pea.
- The ammo upgrade was decreased from 15 to 14 in Garden Warfare 2. This also occurs with many other variants.
- This plant is technically the Snow Pea from Plants vs. Zombies and its sequel, albeit mentioned under a different name.
- Though his appearance remains the same in Garden Warfare 2, his icy skin appears to look more realistic and darker than in the first game.