I, Zombie Endless is the tenth and last level of I, Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition. It is the endless level of I, Zombie. When the player reaches a streak of ten in I, Zombie Endless, he or she will earn the achievement Better Off Dead.
List of possible combinations
Each streak has a possibility to be a certain layout. In all of the following layouts, one to eight Sunflower(s) are included (Puff-shrooms replace Sunflowers the further the player goes), dependent on the amount of sun the player has, as well as the player's streak. The Scaredy layout, has more sunflowers than usual (up to 13) and is also the very rare and easiest, as only one imp may still be able to clear one lane with other zombies on nearby lanes while Scaredy is hiding. The frequency of the scaredy layout notably affects how far a player can go.
Other plants in each layout:
- Composite layout (40%) – one Starfruit, one Torchwood, one Squash, one Fume-shroom, two Chompers, one Potato Mine, one Umbrella Leaf , one Magnet-shroom , one Peashooter, one Split Pea, one Threepeater, one Snow Pea , one Wall-nut, one Kernel-pult and two Spikeweeds .
- Control layout (26.7%) – one Torchwood, three Spikeweeds, one Threepeater, one Magnet-shroom, one Umbrella Leaf, three Split Peas, three Snow Peas, one Repeater and three Kernel-pults.
- Instant kill layout (13.3%) – three Chompers, four Potato Mines, three Squashes, three Spikeweeds and four Fume-shrooms
- Peas layout (4%) – nine Snow Peas, four Repeaters, and four Split Peas.
- Star and Spike layout (4%) – eight Starfruits, nine Spikeweeds.
- Exploding layout (4%) – eight Chompers and nine Potato Mines.
- Magnet and fume layout (4%) – eight Magnet-shrooms and nine Fume-shrooms.
- Scaredy layout (4%) - twelve Scaredy-shrooms and 5 extra Sunflowers.
The magnet and fume layout is probably the most difficult one, due to the fact that Magnet-shrooms can stop the Digger Zombie, Ladder Zombie, Buckethead Zombie, and Football Zombie, and the Fume-shrooms can kill Dancing Zombie, as well as its Backup Dancers, and Imps quickly. Hence, only the Conehead Zombie, Pole Vaulting Zombie, and Bungee Zombie, which also are all weak, can be used initially. The player will need a lot of sun for this setup, unless the placement was bad.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for I, Zombie Endless.
- The exploding layout is similar to ZomBoogie, except that sometimes, a Sunflower gets replaced by a Puff-shroom.
- Although this I, Zombie level is endless, the streak record has a limit of 2,147,483,647 (using Cheat Engine). After that, the streak will be negative but the level will still continue.
- This happens because 2,147,483,647 (231 - 1) is the maximum value of signed 32-bit integer in computing, and attempting to reach a value higher than this results in an integer overflow.
- If the player runs out of sun during or after the streak, instead of saying "You lost all your zombies!", the losing message says "You made it into a streak of (number of streaks completed)."