- For other uses, see Hypno-shroom (disambiguation).
Hypno-shroom (Hypno-Shroom in Battle for Neighborville) is a Spawnable Plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. Unlike in Plants vs. Zombies and its sequel, his purpose isn't to make a zombie fight on the plants' side. Instead, once spawned, he starts moving around while looking for playable zombies and if he spots one, he will latch on to them by attaching a beam called the Hypno Leech to the targeted zombie.
If a player is targeted by this beam, it will disrupt the player's vision and causes the player to move randomly, but they can still fire their weapon, while dealing a small amount of damage.
The Hypno-shroom will continue to follow after the targeted player indefinitely until he is vanquished. His other attacks are longer range Hypno Shot and Hypno Pulse.
CLOSE RANGE: DISRUPTION
Get too close, and he'll make you lose your marbles!
- Easy: 42
- Normal: 56
- Hard: 70
- CRAAAAZY: 84
- Despite being a mushroom, he is treated as a Weed.
- His attack looks similar to a Scientist's Goo Blaster.
- He is the only Weed to be based on a plant from the original game.
- He is also the only Weed to not even slightly look similar to the design of all other Weeds, the only one to be based on a mushroom and the only mushroom to not be a potted plant.
- Many of the expressions that this makes closely resemble the exaggerated expressions that he makes in Plants vs. Zombies 2, especially after he has been fed Plant Food.