Hot Date is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Guardian class. He costs 2 to play and has 1. He does not have any traits, and his ability moves a selected zombie onto his lane when he is played and does 3 damage to a zombie on his lane when he is destroyed.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: When played: Move a Zombie to this lane. When destroyed: Do 3 damage to a Zombie here.
- Set: Event
He's a hot commodity on dating sites such as eGardening, Thatch.com, and OKTulip.
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
- Sound change: Now has its own unique sounds; previously the same as The Podfather.
Hot Date can be described as a combination of Sweet Potato and Primal Potato Mine, with the ability to move a zombie to his lane and do damage to the zombie in his lane upon being destroyed. This is useful for low-health threats like Stealthy Imp, Zookeeper, Zombie Chicken, and Fire Rooster, or Amphibious zombies like Dolphin Rider and Ducky Tube Zombie.Keep in mind that this plant does not have the Team-Up trait, so he cannot be used to protect other plants.
You could also boost Hot Date with strength-boosting cards such as Spineapple if the damage output is not enough.
Hot Date may be fragile, but he can mess up your strategies and easily take out any zombie with 3 health or less. The best way to handle him is to destroy him with high-health zombies. Armored and shielded zombies excel at this, as their traits reduce the damage they take. Any zombie with high health will do, however. You can use Rolling Stone to destroy him, but keep in mind that he may destroy any zombie you have there. If you are a Sneaky zombie hero, you can use Smoke Bomb to move the zombie, and then play any trick you like to destroy him. Hot Date is harmless if there is nothing on his lane, unless your opponent uses Spineapple or boosting tricks. You can also Bounce him to remove Hot Date from the field, preventing the ability for a turn.
- The dating sites mentioned in his description are parodies of real dating sites.
- He has a few differences from his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart.
- In this game, he has dark blue eyes opposed to his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart which has light blue eyes.
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, he becomes angry before exploding.