- 1 Descriptions
- 2 AI Health
- 3 Primary weapon
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Weapon upgrades
- 6 Balancing changes
- 7 Related achievements
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
The Hockey Star has led the ZHL in penalties for the past 3 seasons. You can find him in the penalty box, even between games.
His Stinky Glove Launcher's super high rate of fire will disgust Plant foes.
The Stinky Glove Launcher is the primary weapon of Hockey Star. It shoots extremely fast, but it deals very low damage (2-4 damage depending on range from the target). Because of its high fire rate, it overheats very quickly.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, dealing 150 damage to plants within its blast radius.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the Future Dummy is stronger than the default Dummy Shield, but only one Future Dummy can be placed down at a time. When the Future Dummy is destroyed, it explodes (dealing up to 75 damage to nearby Plants).
Improved Glove Holder
These improved glove holders have a nice snug fit and are warm to the touch. They reduce heat friction too.
Game Worn Gloves
By using game worn gloves the fresh stinkiness improves damage output.
Slightly Damaged Heat Reducer
The Heat Reducer, while damaged, still reduces the time it takes to recover from overheating.
- ▲ Increased ranged damage
Garden Warfare 2
- ▲ Overheat penalty time was decreased by 1 second.
- ▲ Firing time before overheat was increased by 0.5 seconds.
March 2018 Patch
- ▲ Increased time before overheat from 2.8 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- ▲ Reduced heat per bullet from 0.068 to 0.063
Garden Warfare 2
- This variant is one of two hockey-themed All-Star variants, with the other being the Goalie Star.
- His weapon overheats the fastest out of all the All-Star variants because of the high fire rate.
- The ZHL mentioned in his description is a parody of the NHL, or the National Hockey League.
- The maximum number of shots it can shoot from its weapon before the weapon overheats is 47.
- He is the only character in the Garden Warfare 2 Christmas promotional picture that is not an ice variant.
- He is present in the loading screen for the Yeti King Boss Hunt Event, despite him not making an appearance there
- He, Rugby Star and Tennis Star are the only All-Star variants that have hair without the use of customization.
- His jersey number may be a reference to Christmas Vacation, where the main character Clark Griswold had a hockey jersey with the number 0.
- In the community challenge "No Toxic Too Noxious," the vanquishes with this character helped to complete the challenge, although he was not a toxic variant.
- This is also true for Park Ranger