High-Voltage Currant is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Kabloom class. They cost 1 to play and have 1/1. They do not have any traits, and their ability gives them +1 when a berry card, excluding them, does damage and Conjures a berry card when they are played. Their closest zombie counterpart is Zombie Middle Manager.
They were available in the Crackling Currant week event, which ran from June 6, 2017, to June 13, 2017.
They are based on a currant, a member of the genus Ribes in the gooseberry family.
Their name is a portmanteau of "high-voltage current," a powerful current of electricity, and "currant," the real-life plant they are based on.
Their description is a pun on the word grounded, meaning a punishment and a grounded electrical current.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: This gets +1 when another Berry does damage. When played: Conjure a Berry.
- Set: Event
These trouble makers are just asking to get grounded.
- Added to the game.
- Description change: Was originally Little balls of energy.
- Sound change.
- Became craftable.
- Ability streamlined: When played: Add a random Berry to your hand. → When played: Conjure a Berry.
This card goes great with any sort of berry deck, as they will not only gain strength when another berry does damage, but they also give you a random berry card when you play them. Having multiple of these in such decks will help you keep up with your cards so you can quickly have lots of high-damage attackers in just a few turns, especially since most Kabloom heroes lack card draw.
Sergeant Strongberry will further enhance their combat prowess, while cards like Sour Grapes and Grapes of Wrath can easily do damage with their abilities, boosting High-Voltage Currant's strength very quickly. Speaking of Sour Grapes, you can damage up to 5 zombies when playing him, causing High-Voltage Currant to gain a massive boost. Captain Combustible can even abuse this with Potted Powerhouse.
Due to the fact that they conjure a berry card, High-Voltage Currant can activate Dino-Roar abilities, as well as that of Captain Cucumber. However, some of these strategies are bound to specific heroes only.
However, you must be aware of their health, since having 1 health means they are easily destroyed by damage. Boosting their health can be very useful, though this is only normally possible when playing as Spudow or Captain Combustible. Also, be careful of Quickdraw Con Man as he will do 1 unblockable damage to you when this card is played.
Here is the list all of the berry cards in the game High-Voltage Currant has a chance to Conjure:
- Grape Responsibility
- Hibernating Beary
- Another High-Voltage Currant
- Berry Blast
- Berry Angry
- Wild Berry
- Shelf Mushroom
- Poison Ivy
- Sergeant Strongberry
- Sour Grapes
- Electric Blueberry
- Cherry Bomb
- Grapes of Wrath
- Grape Power
- Planet of the Grapes
- Jolly Holly
You should destroy this plant quickly because if left alone, they can accumulate a lot of strength very quickly, doing high damage to whatever they hit. Fortunately, they do have very low health, so virtually any removal trick or zombie like The Chickening, Conga Zombie or Bungee Plumber can destroy them, but beware of Berry Blast if you are to use zombies. If they have become a huge threat, Rocket Science, Locust Swarm, or Squirrel Herder can destroy them. Bouncing them is also an option to remove their strength boost, but your opponent can replay them to Conjure another card, which is very likely given their low cost. Quickdraw Con Man is also an option to deter your opponent from just playing them.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for High-Voltage Currant.
In other languages
|Simplified Chinese||高压醋栗||"High Voltage Currant"|
|Traditional Chinese||高壓電黑醋栗||lit. "High Voltage Electricity Black Currant"|
- They are similar to Electric Currant, as both are currants, are electrical, and even have similar names and appearances.
- Their old description makes a joke of the double meaning of the word "energy," which can mean both electricity, and being excited and hyper.
- The current description makes a joke of the double meaning of the word "grounded", which can mean both as a punishment for children, and the removal of excess electrical charge by transferring it to the ground.
- Due to a glitch, Cherry Bomb can cause High-Voltage Currant to sometimes gain 4 when they are played.
- Before update 1.16.10, High-Voltage Currant had the slowest projectile speed in the game. This was likely a coding error, as it was fixed with the Galactic Gardens update.
- They are currently the only event card to become craftable during their event.
- They are currently the cheapest berry card in the game.