Heian Age (平安时代; pinyin: Píng'ānshídài, translation: Era of Peace), stylized in-game as heian age, is the 16th world released in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Part One was released in the 2.6.0. update on January 22, 2021 on Android devices.
There are a few mechanics encountered in this world;
- The primary mechanic of this world are the Saisen Boxes, Saisen Boxes are neutral grid obsticles that cannot be damaged or destroyed by plants. However Saisen Boxes are able to block all non-lobbed and non-piercing projectiles. If the player drags Plant Food onto a Saisen Box, they will receive either a reward or a boost effect depending on the type of Saisen Box. There are currently four types of Saisen Boxes:
- Sun: If the player drops Plant Food into a Sun Saisen Box, the box will return half of the sunlight base on the plants planted within the 3x3 area around the box.
- Plant Food: If the player drops Plant Food into a Plant Food Saisen Box, the box will activate the Plant Food effects of all plants within a 3x3 area around the box.
- Upgrade: If the player drops Plant Food into a Upgrade Saisen Box, the box will upgrade all plants within a 3x3 area up one level, if a plant's level is maxed out it will simply activate its Plant Food ability.
- Plant: If the player drops Plant Food into a Plant Saisen Box, the box will produce one plant for the player to use. The level of the plant produced will change depending on the level's difficulty, Level 3 for an easy level, Level 5 for a hard level.
- Another mechanic of the world is the Divine Wind, which is able to appear in any random rows and operates in two phases:
- First there is the "Small Wind", which pushes a random amount of small and medium sized zombies forward.
- Finally there is the "Big Wind", which is able to blow away any plants that are not behind a Windbreak Dendrobium.
As its name says, Heian Age takes place during the Heian period of Japan, a period in Japanese history spanning from 794 to 1185. The Heian period is noted by a decline in Chinese influences and an increase in imperial art, poetry, and literature.
|1||Choice without sun-making or free plants||One||Last Stand level|
|4||Two||Special Delivery level|
|7||Two||Special Delivery level|
|9||Two||Special Delivery level|
|12||One||Special Delivery level|
*Rewards other than coins and stars.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Heian Age.
- During the Final Wave in Heian Age levels, the music that plays is Steam Ages' theme. This is likely a glitch.