Healer Zombie is a zombie encountered exclusively in Penny's Pursuit and Arena.
Healer Zombie absorbs 555 damage per shot. He degrades at 277.5 DPS (when his arm is lost) and finally is defeated at 555 DPS (when his head is lost). When defeated, his dropped caduceus will kill any allied zombies on its tile, and can absorb 350 DPS, only degrading on destruction.
The Healer can heal himself and other zombies for 50% of their max health and undo a variety of special effects, of which he is also immune to. His caduceus is only capable of healing.
He can't heal the following zombies:
- Barrel from Barrel Roller Zombie
- Imp Cannon
- Zombie Bull
- Rodeo Legend Zombie
- Shield Zombie
- Bug Bot Imp
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Disco-tron 3000
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Gargantuar Prime
- Zombie King
- Fisherman Zombie
- Yeti Zombie (Arena version)
- Zcorpion Zombie
- Zombot Sphinx-inator
- Zombot Plank Walker
- Zombot War Wagon
- Zombot Tomorrow-Tron
- Zombot Dark Dragon
- Zombot Sharktronic Sub
- Zombot Tuskmaster 10,000BC
- Zombot Aerostatic Gondola
- Zombot Multi-Stage Masher
- Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur
Healer Zombie could possibly be based on the Roman god of healing, Asclepius, as both the zombie and him are specialized in healing and curing. Their appearance — beard and robes — are similar and they both have a serpent-entwined staff known as a caduceus.
Uses weird Roman magic to heal zombies.
Hot tip: take this one out as fast as you can if you don't want your life turned into a pit of abject misery and despair.
The Healer Zombie's abilities are devastating, so he must be dealt with appropriately before he can get any further. You will have to either paralyze him somehow or obliterate him as soon as he spawns, all while avoiding his strengths as you find openings. Don't ever cheat with niche plants or silver bullets as he is immune to the vast majority of them and these can even backfire if given the chance with very few exceptions.
Healer Zombie's base health isn't that high, but he can nevertheless quickly refill it and heal other zombies, yet cannot revive those already defeated. Resort to instant-kill methods that can quickly reach him and take out his allies such as Laser Bean/Citron's Plant Food, Jalapeno, Banana Launcher, Blover + most plants knocking zombies back, Explode-o-Vine. Primal Potato Mine whenever possible or even the Chili Bean if you are really desperate. As for his caduceus, you can either choose to kill him with any attack that uses the scorching animation (Electric Blueberry, Cherry Bomb, etc), use the previously mentioned tactics or smite it with Boingsetta.
List of the effects that Healer Zombie is immune to (even when the plant is boosted):
- Hypnotized by Hypno-shroom, Caulipower, and Enchant-mint as mentioned above (vulnerable to Caulipower's plant food ability).
- Poisoned by Shadow-shroom, Level 5+ Stunion, Goo Peashooter, Ail-mint and Puffball as mentioned above.
- Turned into an Imp by Imp Pear.
- Spawn a new copy of Spore-shroom when defeated by it. (Doesn't apply to other zombies)
- Being shrunk by Shrinking Violet and Enforce-mint.
- Transformation by Witch Hazel.
- Petrification from Snap Pea launching Zombie Medusa's head
- Teleported by Hocus Crocus.
- Illumination by Solar Sage.
- He is called "Druid Zombie" in the French version.
- He is called Roman Healer Zombie in Dartichoke's Almanac, which may be a beta alias or a reference to his Roman theme.
- He, Zombie Chicken, and Jurassic Imp are the only zombies with odd numbers for their health.