Healer Zombie is a zombie encountered in Penny's Pursuit. He uses his staff to heal a zombie. When he is killed, he will drop his staff, which acts like a tombstone, but also heals nearby zombies and destroys any plants/hypnotized zombies occupying that tile. In addition to his ability to heal, he is immune to certain effects, such as hypnotism, poison, and Imp Pear's ability from Plant Food.
Healer Zombie absorbs 555 damage per shot. He degrades at 277.5 dps (when his arm is lost) and finally is defeated at 555 dps (when his head is lost). His staff absorbs 350 dps.
Uses weird Roman magic to heal zombies.
Hot tip: take this one out as fast as you can if you don't want your life turned into a pit of abject misery and despair.
The Healer Zombie is extremely dangerous. His ability is the most hazardous when near groups of zombies, high-health zombies, or both. As such, instant-kills might be preferable to take him out, as well as any zombies he might heal. One can also delay the zombies and pick them off with instant-kills before finally killing the healer. Dartichoke is not always viable, as healers can come in massive hordes, so it can also be a good idea to take them out as fast as possible. Plants that hypnotize such as Hypno-shroom and Caulipower are not recommended when Healer Zombie is in play, as Healer Zombie will be able to 'cure' zombies of hypnosis. In addition to 'curing' zombies of hypnosis, the Healer Zombie himself is immune to being hypnotized (which makes Electric Blueberry a better choice than Caulipower in this case). He is also able to 'cure' zombies of poison and he is immune to poison himself. Using plants that can electrocute zombies against him can be quite useful, since he won't leave his staff when he's electrified.
Using a Zoybean Pod to deal with him is not recommended (except when boosted), because of his ability of healing himself and other zombies that take damage from Zomboids can easily overwhelm your Zomboids without any problem. However, if the player tries to use a boosted Zoybean Pod against him, it is advised to spawn many Gargantuar Zomboids on a lane at once by Tile Turnip, instead of spawning only one Gargantuar Zomboid per lane.
List of the effects that Healer Zombie is immune to (even when the plant is boosted):
- Hypnotized by Hypno-shroom, Caulipower, and Enchant-mint (however, the healed zombies can still be tossed away by Caulipower's Plant Food ability).
- Poisoned by Shadow-shroom, Level 5+ Stunion, Goo Peashooter, Ail-mint and Puffball.
- Turned into an Imp by Imp Pear.
- Turned into a new Spore-shroom when defeated by it (however, this only applies to Healer Zombie himself).
- Being shrunk by Shrinking Violet and Enforce-mint.
- Turned into mushrooms that are created by Witch Hazel. However, he still gets damaged.
- Getting stoneified from a snap pea who spitted Zombie Medusa's head
- He is called "Druid Zombie" in the french version.
- He is called Roman Healer Zombie in Dartichoke's Almanac.
- In the battle levels against Dr. Zomboss in the Penny's Pursuit he is able to heal high levels of life to the boss.
- This no longer happens as of the 8.0 update
- For some reason, his dropped staff cannot heal poison from zombies.
- If a hypnotized zombie kills him, The dropped staff instantly kills the zombie, It depends how fast is the zombie.