The line consists of Pistachio (开心果; pinyin: kāixīn guǒ), Hazelnut (榛果; pinyin: zhēnguǒ), and Hazelnut Ball (榛果球; pinyin: zhēnguǒ qiú). They all specialize in healing and removing negative effects from plants.
Pistachio and Hazelnut attack by firing laser beams, while Hazelnut Ball attacks by jumping off of its base and throwing multiple hazelnuts.
Each member of the Hazelnut line is based on a nut of some sort.Pistachio, as the name entails, is based on the pistachio, a member of the Anacardiaceae family whose seed is commonly consumed as food.
Ways to obtain
Hazelnut line is given as a reward for collecting 90 stars in Wild West, while puzzle pieces for this line can be obtained through replaying Ancient Egypt - Day 3, Journey to the West - Day 13 or Journey to the West - Day 23. Additional puzzle pieces can be obtained through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities are unlocked by tiering up, while their effect is increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% means that at LV1 this ability has a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
After unlocking the Hazelnut line, additional puzzle pieces can be used to upgrade it, which increases its stats and ability LVs.
|Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins||Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins|
Hazelnut line stats will be increased if these specific plants are unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Boomerang line|| |
|Electric Grass line|| |
| Coconut line+|
- Hazelnut line used to have two attributes, mechanics of which were removed from the game.
- Hazelnut line's element was earth.
- Hazelnut line's feature was purple.
- Presumably, Hazelnut line used to have different active ability, which healed all plants for three turns.
- A plant similar to Pistachio can be seen in Mixed Nuts. Interestingly enough, that pistache resembles Pistachio more, than a pistache from Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Hazelnut has the same design as Tornacorn, a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The only visual difference is that Tornacorn has a wind-up key above its cupule, instead of a stem.
- Hazelnut Ball's Chinese name is the same as the Chinese name for the Pokémon "Pineco".
- Hazelnut Ball's costume glasses resemble the famous Television SMPTE color bars.