The line consisted of Pistachio (开心果; pinyin: kāixīn guǒ), Hazelnut (榛果; pinyin: zhēnguǒ), and Hazelnut Ball (榛果球; pinyin: zhēnguǒ qiú). They all specialized in healing and removing negative effects from plants.
Pistachio and Hazelnut attacked by firing laser beams, while Hazelnut Ball attacked by jumping off of its base and throwing multiple hazelnuts.
Each member of the Hazelnut line was based on a nut of some sort.
Can be used in the center tile's to purify the negative effects, and help some plants.
Ways to obtain
Hazelnut line was given as a reward for collecting 90 stars in Wild West, while puzzle pieces for this line could be obtained through replaying Ancient Egypt - Day 3, Journey to the West - Day 13 or Journey to the West - Day 23. Additional puzzle pieces could be obtained through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities were unlocked by tiering up, while their effect was increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% means that at LV1 this ability had a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
After unlocking the Hazelnut line, additional puzzle pieces could be used to upgrade it, which increased its stats and ability LVs.
|Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins||Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins|
Hazelnut line stats would be increased if these specific plants were unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Electric Grass line||
- Hazelnut line used to have two attributes, mechanics of which were removed from the game.
- Hazelnut line's element was earth.
- Hazelnut line's feature was purple.
- Presumably, Hazelnut line used to have different active ability, which healed all plants for three turns.
- A plant similar to Pistachio can be seen in Mixed Nuts. Interestingly enough, that pistache resembles Pistachio more, than a pistache from Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Hazelnut had the same design as Tornacorn, a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. The only visual difference is that Tornacorn has a wind-up key above its cupule, instead of a stem.
- Hazelnut Ball's Chinese name is the same as the Chinese name for the Pokémon "Pineco".
- Hazelnut Ball's costume glasses resembled the famous Television SMPTE color bars.