Gumnut is a plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2, that was first introduced in the 8.0.1 update. It creates zombie-blocking barriers from zombies themselves, with stronger barriers being formed from tougher and sturdier zombies.
Gumnut is a seasonal Arena plant, unlockable with seed packets. It is a single-use plant which blows bubble gum that pops on the first zombie that approaches it, which immobilizes them and causes them to attack the gum.
Zombies immobilized with the gum also act as barriers, blocking zombies in a similar manner to zombies frozen in Ice Bloom's ice blocks.
OriginsGumnut is based on a "gumnut," the hardened seed container of Eucalyptus trees.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 125
Gum Health: 8000
Gum Health Boost: 300
PLANT FOOD POWER: Zombies Gummed
Gumnuts pop sticky gum onto zombies, pinning them in place and causing them to block other zombies behind them.
Special: stronger zombies form stronger barriers
Usage: best used against Gargantuars and Football Mechs
"I only chew ham-flavored gum," exudes Gumnut. "Ham and salt."
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|Gum Health||Gum Health Boost|| Plant Food|
|1||0||0||125||12 seconds||300 dps||8000||300||5|
*The number of zombies targetted by the Plant Food effect.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Gumnut will blow a large bubble gum that immobilizes a large number of zombies.
Gumnut will prioritize on immobilizing the following zombies:
- Gargantuar variants
- Zombie Bull
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Surfer Zombie
- Octo Zombie
- Arcade Zombie
- Jurassic Bully
- Jurassic Rockpuncher
- Newspaper Zombie
- All-Star Zombie
When boosted by Reinforce-mint, the health of Gumnut's gum barriers increases by 20000. Gumnut's Plant Food will also activate and the effect will also immobilize more zombies at a time.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Gumnut.
- When zombies are immobilized by gum, they can't be tossed by Power Toss. They also cannot be knocked back by plants like Primal Peashooter.
- They are also immune to Spikeweed, Spikerock, Chomper and Toadstool when they're immobilized. Even when boosted, these plants can only chill them.
- Snap Pea will also ignore the immobilized zombies but they can still damage them by throwing zombie heads at them.
- If the immobilized zombie gets hypnotized or turned into Imp Pear Imps, they will be free instantly.
- If a zombie gummed by Gumnut turns into an ice block by Ice Bloom, other zombies have to eat the left-over gum from the ice block before being able to eat the ice block, thus preserving the ice block and the gum.
- Gumnut will not affect any zombies that are being stunned by Contain-mint.