They costs 5 sun and orbits apples around themself, damaging nearby zombies in a 2x3 area. After hitting zombies enough times, the apple is destroyed, leaving Gravitree defenseless until they grow another apple.
Being a Tree plant, they occupies two tiles horizontally and immune to being moved or stolen by zombies. Due to extra tall, they can block and damage Flying zombies.
Gravitree's Plant Food ability is based on their ability activation animation in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
Their Plant Food ability's name references physicist Sir Isaac Newton, while their Tacobility name references gravitational force equivalent, aka g-force, a measurement of the type of force per unit mass.
Their old Tacobility name referenced Gravitational singularities.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to level 1.
Plant Food effect
Gravitree's Plant Food ability is named Newton's Revenge, Gravitree summons a massive amount of orbiting apples, dealing a large amount of damage to any nearby zombies.
Gravitree's Tacobility is G-Force, Gravitree gains the ability to slow zombies in their attack range and their apples have a chance to stun zombies.
May 26th, 2020 Patch
- ▲ Health across growth stages has increased by 200-300%
- ▲ The rate at which new apples spawn has been reduced from a flat 3s to 2.25/1.875/1.75s across growth stages.
- ▲ The number of apples Gravitree can spawn across growth stages has been doubled.
- ▼ The number of zombies that individual apples can hit before being destroyed has been reduced from 6 to 3.
- Instead of a flat 60s per growth stage, Gravitree now reaches stage 2 in 45s and stage 3 in an additional 75s.
July 21st, 2020 Patch
- ▲ Apples now orbit 40% further away from Gravitree, allowing them to hit zombies farther way.
- ▲ Apples still hit zombies that are within their orbit, so zombies can no longer attack Gravitree at close range with impunity.
- Gravitree's Tacobility has been completely changed. Used to be Singularity - Pulls zombies from adjacent lanes with gravity. Apples can now stun zombies.