- For other uses, see Grave Buster (disambiguation).
Grave Buster is an instant-use plant and environment modifier appearing in Plants vs. Zombies. His only use is to destroy graves and zombie gravestones, freeing up space for planting and preventing ambush zombies from spawning from them.
- For more information about this character, see Grave Buster
Grave Buster is obtained by completing Level 2-3 and costs 75 sun to plant. He takes five seconds to fully destroy graves and Zombie Gravestones, during which he is vulnerable to zombie assaults. After completing his objective, Grave Buster will leave behind a random pickup item, ranging from a silver coin to a diamond or Zen Garden plant. If he is eaten before he destroys a grave, the grave pops back in its place.
|Grave Buster chomping|
Grave Buster serves a vital role in Night levels as the only plant that can destroy graves. This gives the player a noticeable advantage, as not only can graves prevent planting, they can also summon reinforcements during flags, bolstering the already great amount of zombies and putting further pressure to the defending plants. The reward for destroying graves also present an opportunity for farming consumable items. When a Grave Buster is eating a grave, zombies can still come out of that grave. The Grave Buster will continue to eat it but the zombies will try to attack Grave Buster. Therefore, the player should be careful of the time to plant Grave Buster.
Which graves chosen to remove first depends entirely on the player's defensive strategy. Generally, getting rid of the leftmost ones first is preferred, as the left side is usually used for planting production and offensive plants. However, the player may also wish to destroy graves placed on the right side in order to plant a certain few plants, such as Spikeweed, Cherry Bomb and Doom-shroom.
Whack a Zombie
Grave Buster is an essential tool in this mini-game, as while it is still possible to defeat this level without him, the rapidly spawning graves will present a tremendous amount of challenge to the player, especially in the final flag. This is further improved that graves being destroyed by Grave Buster will not attempt to summon zombies, giving the player much needed time for planning and preparing defense.
Grave Buster usage should always be prioritized on the graves closest to the left. One of the best times to plant Grave Busters is when there is a pause in zombies coming out of graves.
In Versus Mode, Grave Busters play a large role in destroying the Zombie Gravestones the zombie side must create in order to produce brains. They work just like they would on a normal grave, but there is no coin produced when they destroy one. However, great care should be exercised in defending Grave Buster, as the plant has a much slower recharge rate and cannot defend itself from zombie attacks.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Grave Buster.
- There is a glitch that can occur, when the player plants a Grave Buster that is not finishing eating the grave and show the seed selection click Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies or Suburban Almanac and exit back to the seed selection, the player will hear a Grave Buster sound eating a grave. Also when this glitch happens and the player finishes picking seeds the Grave Buster will continue eating the grave without sounds.
- It is the only Night obtained plant that is not a mushroom.
- When Grave Buster is flattened, the player can hear the sound of it removing the grave after being crushed by a Gargantuar, Zomboni, or Catapult Zombie.
- Even though it is only used at night, it is not considered a nocturnal plant and can be raised in the normal Zen Garden, and is sold for $8000 instead of $10,000.
- It recharges much slower in Versus Mode, due to balancing matters.
- There is a glitch in the Nintendo DS version when a new grave appears and the player places a Grave Buster a square away from the grave, it can be used and it will not destroy any graves.
- The rocks from the grave it is eating look bigger in the iPhone and iPod versions.
- Its online Almanac entry does not appear to be finished, because when the player clicks on it, it shows the last plant the player checked the entry on.
- In the online version, it won't give you a reward because money and other prizes aren't available in that version.
- It can still be selected on any level that is not a night level, but they cannot be used, therefore it wastes one seed slot.